Mar 4, 2009

Honest Scrap Award

It is called the honest scrap award and these are the rules...

A) First list 10 honest things about yourself--and make it interesting even if you have to dig deep.

B) Pass the award on to 7 bloggers that you feel embody the spirit of Honest Scrap...

1. I once threw eggs off the overpass of a freeway. It started with feathers. Then rocks and eventually progressed to eggs! It was all fun and games until a scary man with a gray streak in his hair came and yelled at us. I think I almost peed my pants.

2. I am still afraid of the dark. I still get a running start and "jump" into bed because there might be someone under there. And I especially get freaked out when I have to get in the car when it's dark. I always check to make sure someone hasn't creeped into my car and waiting to do questionable things to me.

3. I am addicted to celebrities. I have been reading People.com for about two years now, but lately it hasn't "satisfied" me the way it used to. I now have two blogs that I subscribe to. They provide me with approximately 30 posts about celebrity gossip EACH DAY. If you need a "fix" I can hook you up. (Ok, so that made me sound like a junkie and I'm sorry. It's really not that bad. Is it?)

4. I love Webkinz games. Ema and Bracken both have accounts and sometimes Bracken has to pull the computer away from me so that he can play. I tell him that I am trying to "earn him some Webkinz Cash", but I really love to sit and play the games. My favorite is the Pizza Parlor. I was late picking up Ema from a friends house once because I was totally enthraled in Webkinz.

5. I am horribly uncoordinated. I was in the ColorGuard (Marching Band) in high school and my first summer marching, our advisor had to walk next to me and say, "Left . . . left . . . left, right, left". And I see the same trait in Ema and it makes my tummy a little sick.

6. My kids know the chorus to "So What" by Pink. When we hear in on the radio, we turn it up REALLY LOUD and sing. Thankfully they haven't asked me what a "tool" is. I don't think they're old enough to understand what they're singing (he he). We also discuss whether we are "human" or "dancer". The kids change their minds everytime I ask them.

7. I am scared to go to the gym.

8. I love my fishnets (even though I was told today that they are only worn by prostitutes). Oops. Maybe I won't wear them to church. Just weddings and funerals.

9. I tried to stop drinking Coke, but after 48 hours the headaches were so bad and I was so cranky that I made Justin drive me to the store where I bought 32 oz and drank it in an hour. I don't know if I will try that again. (At least I didn't get the shakes, right?)

10. I love my shower cap. And no, I don't feel like a Grandma when I wear it 'cause I never saw my Grandma wear one. I lost it once and it was awful. Mines pink and here's a picture of Ema wearing it!

Love you all! Hope you still love me :)


And I would like to bestow the Honest Scrap Award upon . . .

Angie B.

Caroline B.

Eve S.

Michelle E.

Amanda B.

Rachel G.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm still afraid of the dark too! And my kids don't sing, they dance when ever we listen to music. We have taught our kids "the monkey" dance. They stick their little bums out and wiggle it. It's so cute, but now Zoe does it ALL the time!

*Katie* said...

LOVE it!! thanks for indulging me, friend! (And why even try giving up coke? I use like 1/2 my ww points a day on coke).

Rachel said...

That's so awesome!!! I can't wait to do this! And I'm TOTALLY still way afraid of the dark!!! After prayers, Danny will tease me by turning off the lights into pitch blackness and then he'll hide whispering either those scary voices from "Lost" or he'll hiss, "My PRECCCCCCCCCCIOUS" like Gollum! He's so mean

The Bests said...

I love it! I'm addicted to WebKinz games too. Most of the jobs are just too hard for Taylor to do so I do them for him. They are just so fun! Is there a way that he and Ema could communicate on WebKinz? He would be absolutely thrilled!

Michelle said...

Uh, we have been friends since we were 12 and I didn't know you were afraid of the dark! I have to have it very dark or I can't sleep! I will work on this, but I can't even blog, and I don't even know if 7 people look at it, plus 10 interesting things about me? Read my seriously post and I thinnk that should count for half. But thanks for thinking of me, I will try!