I have found some old high school and mission friends through blog hopping. And when I find these old friends I get really excited and I put their RSS in my Google reader. And its good for awhile. But then, the feeds stop coming and I realize that either this "friend" has stopped blogging or gone private. So I check their blog and sure enough - I've been denied access.

This would not be a problem if I had their email address and I could let them know I want to be admitted into the secret confines of their blog. But the reason why I couldn't keep track of them in the first place is because I DIDN'T HAVE THEIR EMAIL ADDRESS! This has happened to me THREE TIMES!

I am no dummy. I know there are internet predators out there. I know the risks of having a public blog (it's not searchable, so I feel a little better). I just refuse to do that to people.
So that's why I will not go private with my blog -
Because I have had my feelings hurt by an error message.
6 comments:
Totally!!! I feel bad too because sometimes I forget that someone has gone private and I just think they never post. Then like, 6 months later I wander to their blog from my side bar and am like, "WHAT!? They DOOOO post!" Then I feel bad. But I'm SOOO like you. I'm obsessive over keeping in touch with people and I love stalking the lives of my friends, hehe. :)
Amen! What's the point of blog stalking our friends if they are private? When I've heard of these reports of hating on blogs or serious stalking, it's always from some twisted relative or family friend. Anyways, thank you for not going private. I'm not either!
Did that happen with my blog? I thought I sent you an invite. If that is not the case you can e-mail me at kalidonia@Juno.com
Oh man, I totally hear you. I still have the dillema myself, but for now we're still good ol' PUBLIC! (Hope I don't get robbed or worse or something because of it...)
I have totally been there too, It totally stinks. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
Kristy "Mott" Rasmussen
hahaha. Nice post :)
Post a Comment