Jan 26, 2011

Signing Off

I'm sitting on my unmade bed with a sleeping baby in my arms and balancing the laptop on my knees.  I'm doing this because I feel horribly guilty for not blogging about the last few weeks.  We're in the midst of moving.  We will be out of our apartment this weekend if all goes as planned.  I'm struggling as I try to balance packing, cleaning, tending to baby, feeding family, keeping kids in school, making sure things are clean at new house, and finding time for sleep.

So much has happened and I really want to promise updates, but honestly I can't do that.

Crazy threatening tenant with a weapon showed up at my door when I was home alone with the kids.  He didn't hurt me, but he called me some very rude (and profane) names in front of my children, threw a key at me and told me he'd see me in court.

Overnight guest boy refused to leave until we got the cops involved.  When we did a search of his apartment we found a pile of Rx for Oxycontin and an empty bottle of 60 pills that he had filled 10 days ago.  There was a bloody knife and a ton of bullets in his room but we never found the gun.  Pretty sure he is dealing.  He finally left, but not after we screamed it out in my office.  It was intense and I'm glad it's over.

That was my breaking point.

I'm excited to be quitting.  Even more excited to be moving into a house.  We've been crammed in this apartment for a long time and although I believe it's been for a purpose - I'm DONE! {right, mom}

I will post some pictures after the move.  That, I can promise.  But, beyond that you might have to figure it out with context clues.

I have bittersweet feelings about leaving this place because I've learned so much. But I've seen things that I never wanted to see.  I've seen people make bad choices that have devastated their parents.  I've experienced people calling me names that I don't deserve to be called because I'm just doing my job.  But mostly I've realized that my most important job right now needs to be a mother.

I love you all and I will write more later.  There are boxes to pack and dinner to think about.
Also, my arm is KILLING me from little G's head.  But at least she's getting her nap, right?

4 comments:

Hoenes Family said...

Wow. All I can say is... YOU POOR GIRL! I feel so sad that you had to deal with such terrifying things, especially being home alone with your children! That is so scary. I am so glad to hear you are done and moving on. What a horrible thing to have happen.

Julie said...

I had no idea you guys were moving until a couple of days ago. HOLY COW! I can not believe the things that have happened. What stupid, stupid people. I am glad that you are done, and safe. You guys pushed through for a long time... And now it's time for the safe, quiet neighborhood! I am glad that you get to move into your grandparents house! Wish I was there to help!

Alisha said...

That is horrible!! I'm so sorry you're having to deal with that. Scary! Glad you're able to move. Good luck with everything!!

Rachel said...

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!! That is some of the worst stuff I've heard in a long time, SO sorry you had to deal with it! I'm SOOOOOOOOO happy you're leaving and moving on! You deserve it!!!! Can't wait to hear all about your new place!