Jan 26, 2009

Car Rides



I absolutely LOVE the time that I have in the car with Bracken while I am driving him to preschool. On Monday's and Wednesday's we drop Ema off at school between 12:35 and 12:45. Bracken's school starts at 1:00 in Washington Fields, which takes me about 10 minutes - and it seems pointless for me to go back home. So we drive slow. And I love it.

Because Bracken is the second child (and Ema talks A LOT), there never seems to be a lot of time to spend with him one on one. Now that Ema is in Kindergarten we seem to have more time together, but for some reason I really cherish these car rides. Today especially.

Today Bracken told me that he didn't know what he would do if I wasn't his mommy. And then he said, "I'm not going to get married". I told him that he would be happy if he grows up and gets married and that's what adults do. And do you want to know what his answer was?

"Well Batman never got married!"

this is where I say, "Bracken, Batman is kind of a lonely man and I don't think he's very happy".

and Bracken responds, "Yes he is mom. He fights crime."

How do you argue with that?

3 comments:

Fun with the Fenton's said...

I love all your stories! Kids are great! We really miss seeing you guys around. I promise I won't go private on you! :-)

Ben and Summer said...

This is so CUTE! Love it.

Crawford Family said...

HAAAA!!!!!! Seriously between that and the shoe conversation I would be snorting!