Apr 30, 2009

April Update #1



Two days after Justin left for the first time, the kids and I took off to Vegas to see my cousins from Arizona and their families. We all stayed in this beautiful resort called the MONTALEGO. It was like staying on the banks of a little Italian Villa. The resort is actually located on Lake Mead, but I pretended I was far away in Europe someplace.

We went as a family to see the lights/fountains at the Bellagio. I will remember this trip forever because I carried Bracken on my back from the MGM grand to Bellagio - 1.5 miles.

EASTER


The week before Easter we dyed Easter Eggs together. It was a bit sad without Dad, but the kids had a blast experimenting with colors.

These are their favorites that they worked hard on. Bracken called his a "dinosaur egg" and wanted to carry it around the house. Not an hour after we finished I hear, "MOM! Come quick" . . .

. . . and Bracken's little dinosaur was a pile of rubble.

He was not so happy about it either! I mass produced these bunnies for Bracken and Ema's friends. It was exhausting, but they were C-U-T-E.


Clark County Fair

My in-laws were holding a booth during the fair and asked if I wanted to bring the kids down Easter weekend. Since Justin still had another week until he was home, I thought it would be a good break. We took off Friday afternoon and spent the evening at the fair. Friday night we stayed in their RV and then played again all day on Saturday. It brought out the PIG in me. (Watch the slideshow and you'll understand)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

You guys are so fun!!!!!!!!!!! I love the eggs!

Damaris said...

You're such a fun mom - I love hearing about all the things your family does. And I love the Bellagio pics. Those fountains are so amazing.