Jan 2, 2009

Christmas Festivities

Highlights of Christmas 2008
  • Ema and I made peppermint bark candy and got our eyes burned from the strength of the oil. It was sad, but the candy tasted amazing! Then, Lynette taught me how to make these amazing Spiced Nuts. Yummy! I LOVE candy time!
  • We spent three Christmases with three wonderful (yet wonderfully different) families. The Moss', The Nyberg's, The Bush's and the Jones'. . . the kids really enjoyed FOUR Christmas parties!
  • I barely took any pictures of those FOUR Christmas parties. It's horrible. I'm coming home with no pictures. This is not a good thing for a blogger.
  • I found the Volvo key two days before Christmas! (For those of you that don't know - two months ago we lost our only key to our second car. The Volvo sat in the driveway for months. I found the key and wrapped it up for Justin to open on Christmas morning.
  • We were able to watch the faces of our children as they realized that Santa heard their requests
  • We found out (on Christmas Eve) that Justin will be getting promoted in January! How exciting is that? Now we can get a house *(cheering) . . . yeah!*
  • We experienced KARAOKE at an entirely new level. Since the day we married I have wanted Justin to sing with me. He's always said no. I've tried to get our families to sing with me. They've always said no too. Then, this Christmas, everything changed. American Idol for the Wii. I sang first and then soon the whole entire family was joining in. What a BLAST!
  • We saw Bedtime Stories on Christmas Day! Very cute, very funny, very Adam Sandler. I liked it.
  • The Saturday after Christmas we took the kids to High School Musical 3. My heart smiled when I saw Bracken get up and dance in the aisle.
  • MOVIES, MOVIES, MOVIES . . . On New Years Day Justin and I went to Valkarie and Yes Man! Very fun adult time. .
  • The kids stayed in Salt Lake for a few days and Justin and I came home for a New Years Eve Party.(Also, very fun Adult Time!)
  • We enjoyed Christmas this year and are looking forward to all the exciting adventures we will have in 2009!


1 comment:

Rachel said...

AWESOME!!! Love the list of fun stuff, you guys got totally spoiled! I can't believe how big your kids are getting!!!