Jan 3, 2009

The Moss Patch Year in Review!

January
We celebrated Justin's 28th Birthday by taking the kids to dinner at the Copper Mill and then surprising them with Peter Pan that was playing at the Ellen Eccles Theater.
February
It was filled with Valentine packages from Aunts and Grandmas, a Gift Basket from Justin, a really bad snowstorm and a baby shower that I hosted for my friend Megan who was pregnant with baby Riley.
March
Ahh, March=Spring Break and in 2008 we high tailed it to St. George were it was WARM! We spent time riding bikes, playing ping pong and we celebrated my Grandma's Birthday with her.

April

For Easter Ema got the movie Enchanted, which she was excited to open herself. She learned really quick how sharp those little scissors can be.
May
GRADUATION!!!! (Need I say more?)
June
In a word? BUSY. We moved from Logan and had a fun filled family vacation to Disney Land, Sea World and San Diego Zoo.
July
Hmm, July was a blank month in our picture history. Justin traveled to Virginia, checked out Appalachian School of Law, decided Law School wasn't for him, drove back and started applying for jobs. It was crazy. We spent three weeks with my mom and step-dad in Alpine.

August
My little sister Angie gave birth to Jaxon Jared Becker on August 3, 2008. We were lucky enough to be there only minutes after he was born.
September
Ema started Kindergarten, we saw the passing of my Grandma Pallas and Justin got a job with Red Rock Canyon School. Although it was sad to start the month of with the funeral, September proved to be the beginning of our lives here in St. George.
October
October is a big birthday month for us! Three Grandparents and Bracken share the same Birthday Week. Here's a great picture of my dad and Bracken - for those of you who've never met my father this is a common expression on his face.
November
I talked Lynette into putting Christmas up before Thanksgiving. It didn't take much to persuade her since she had bought a new tree a few weeks earlier.

December
The kids enjoyed our "Countdown to Christmas" with activities each day until Christmas. Ema's favorite was sipping hot chocolate under the Christmas Tree.

2008 was an adventure for us. We had a roller coaster of a time figuring out where our lives were headed, but we're extremely grateful for what we've learned along the way. We are looking forward to the exciting new things that 2009 will bring. We love you all! (I assume that if you've read this far in this cheesy post, it means you like us too. Thanks for reading.)

5 comments:

The Bests said...

All your posts make me miss you guys so much! That is fabulous about Justin's promotion- looks like your staying in St. George for now, huh? We'll have to visit when we come to see Cooper's grandparents- Taylor is always asking me when we can go visit Ema.
By the way, Taylor watched the video of Ema getting her ears pierced and his eyes were almost watering from thinking about how painful that must be. He also said he was glad he was a boy so he didn't have to go through that :) Love you guys!

Morgan & Heidi Taylor said...

I 'm glad you found the keys to your car!!! We need to go to the library, that cool park or something now that the craziness and busyness of the holidays are over!! It sounds like you had a great Christmas! Karaoke is so fun! So when you say you might be getting a house does that mean in St. George?? I hope so! Even though we only hung out a couple of times I had so much fun just talking! So call me!! (or I'll call you!)

Angie said...

Alicia, I got all teary when I saw your post. What a huge year it has been for our family. Did you every imagine that you would be done with College? Your kids have changed a lot this year. I miss them.

Rachel said...

You make me wanna rewind time and go back to my cinderblock cave where life was filled with the most awesome people ever!!! I miss you guys like crazy, what a great review!!!

Ben and Summer said...

What a great post! What is Justin's position?
Every year since we've been married we try to write a "year in review" about all the significant memories we have. It is so fun to go back through and read them!
At this time of year I am extremely jealous of you warm St. George-ites. Maybe someday. . .