Feb 5, 2009

Messy House

Is it just me? Or, do people ONLY drop by when my house is messy?

I cleaned my house on Monday and it stayed clean on Tuesday because the kids had a sleepover at their grandparents. Yesterday I woke up and admired my "still clean" house.

Then the kids came home.

In a matter of hours, you would have thought a Tornado plowed through our little space causing quite a bit of damage. I woke up this morning and had every intention of cleaning, but life happened and it didn't get done. Then, to my horror - a knock! I take a peek through the peep hole. Phew! It's only the UPS man. Ok, bullet dodged.

An hour later, another knock. (PLEASE be another package) Nope. It's my neighbor. Coming to see my place all put together.

Seriously? Why couldn't she have been here three days ago when I felt good about the way it looked?

Does this ever happen to you? Do YOU get absolutely NO visitors when your house is clean?

Or is it just me?

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Yes, ma'am.

Kristy said...

I laughed after I read your entry, I have had the same thing happen to me, the whole UPS guy and everything, It's not just you, does everyone has a sensor that say go to Kristy house is messy right now. The Kids literally in a mater of minutes tear up the whole house, and it takes me hours to clean it up so frustrating. I have so been there, I can totally relate to your dilema. Thanks for sharing.

Ben and Summer said...

TOTALLY, that definitely happens to me. Of course, it could simply be that in order for someone to drop by when it's clean they would only have about an hour window every 3 or 4 days or so. SOLUTION: Invite people over! Then you know when they're going to be there and you can make sure the house is clean:) That's what we do, anyway.

Rachel said...

Meh, just come live by me. No one ever comes over cuz no one lives here. :) Except if you lived here, I'd be over at your house all the time but I wouldn't care what your house looked like or if you showered or not, hehe!