Feb 16, 2009

What a Weekend! (Part 2)

FRIDAY NIGHT
Ema had a sleepover with her Grandma.
Since the tooth fairy didn't come on Thursday night for Ema - we were excited to find out that he came on Friday! He left her $4 and a little note that said,
"Hi Ema!
So many kids lost their teeth yesterday that I didn't make it to your house - Sorry - Now you are sleeping at your Grandma's house but I found you!
So here's your money and keep smiling! I love your toothless grin -
Love, the Tooth Fairy"

My little girl has lost six teeth already (that's what she tells me. Honestly, I've lost count)
Since Dad had class all night and Ema was having a sleepover, Bracken and I decided to go to a movie! You might have thought I was very brave to take my kids to another movie after what happened the last time, but I was pretty confident that Hotel for Dogs was going to be clean and scare-free. Thankfully, I was right!

It was a cute movie about an orphaned brother and sister who have a love of dogs. They end up "rescuing" dogs that have been orphaned themselves and it was a surprisingly good tale. Based off a book, it had more substance that the last dog movie that I saw (Beverly Hills Chihuahua).

My grade? B (It held his attention and it wasn't horrible to sit through. For dog lovers, you might actually enjoy this little movie)
SATURDAY -VALENTINE'S DAY!

Justin and I had a "marathon" of sorts planned. It started with lunch, so Justin's mom took the kids for a few hours. She took them to Wal-mart for a few minutes and happened upon a "cake walk" game going on in the bakery. First we got a text that Bracken had won a cake! How cool is that? Those of you that know my little boy - know that he LOVES cake and to win one that is 100% yours is the coolest thing ever! As excited as we were, we knew that Ema would not be happy unless she won a cake too. So we waited, and waited for another text.
And finally it came - Ema had won the LAST cake. PHEW. Bullet dodged!

While Ema and Bracken were winning cakes, Justin took me to Confessions of a Shopaholic
which turned out to be a very funny movie. Justin even commented that it was "one of the best chick flicks" he's seen. Author Sophie Kinsella is a very funny author, and I've read a lot of her books - including this one. Although the movie does not follow the book exactly, Kinsella's humor is very much left in tact.

It was a fun show and a great date movie!

I recommend this movie to everyone. (Except maybe my brother-in-law Jeremy who is a Film Professor and intense movie critic) If you are in the mood to laugh, or feel better about your miniscule credit card debt - this is the movie for you!
MY GRADE? A- (the minus is only because I thought that if they would have followed the book better, there might be a chance for a sequal)

After the movie, it was time for dinner. We picked up the kids and took off to meet our friends The Taylor's for dinner. We left the kids at their house with a babysitter and took off to IGGY's. Very yummy food. I am positive that the service would be better if we hadn't tried to go on Valentine's day. (They forgot my onion rings and Justin's water.) But in the end - it was a tasty meal, with great conversation and great friends.

(This is where I would insert pictures of dinner, games, dessert, kids, etc. . . except I'm a bad blogger and I didn't take any)

After dinner we went back to the Taylor's for ice cream and games. The kids could play forever and weren't too excited when we "dragged" them out of there at 10pm.

It was a great Valentine's Day. Probably the most memorable that we've had in a long time. Thanks to all of you who helped make it happen! We LOVE you!!!


SUNDAY

Justin and Bracken both woke up "sick". Justin more-so than little B. I think he might have just acted sick for me so he could stay home from church with his Daddy. I came home during Sunday School to check on my boys and this is what I found:


So, that was our weekend. These two posts took me 90 minutes and I'm ready to be done! Ema helped me change the looks of our blog yesterday. Hence, the animal print background! I love that girl. It's Monday and Bracken is feeling better, but Justin is still sick. I think it's because he's still trying to recover from our MARATHON of a WEEKEND!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

We had a blast Sat as well. Thanks for coming with us. It is so fun to get to know you guys better. It is nice to have a "couple" friend that we both get along with and have so much in common with. I have a hard time finding friends that Dustin gets along with their husbands so well. He really can get along with anyone, but it is different with Justin. I think they are a lot alike! I don't feel like he is friends with him just because he is my friends husband. Enough of the babbling!

Rachel said...

What a fun weekend!!! Ema's school class does such fun things! Wow and you were totally brave to make all her vday cards, holy cow!! I can't believe Ema has lost that many teeth already, WOW! Savanna doesn't even have teeth that are *close* to being loose! Hope you men get better soon!!!

The Bests said...

What a weekend! The tooth fairy has had to come late to Taylor before too. We just assumed the other one took care of it, thus the tooth fairy ended up MIA. But Taylor absolutely loved the note he received telling him how busy the Tooth Fairy had been, but because she was late she left him a little extra cash.
Your kids are looking so big. It makes us miss you guys so much! We have to get together if we are ever in St. George or if you guys are ever in Salt Lake.

Lindsey said...

Holy smokes, is that $4 that the tooth fairy left for ONE TOOTH? I used to only get like one quarter... maybe we should have waited to have kids so the tooth fairy had a little time to save up! :) I love reading your blog and laughing at all your funny stories! I'm definitely not a morning person, either. I would fit right in at your house!