Justin started training for his new job Monday.
(For those of you who don't know - Justin quit his job and is now working for a company called Eagle Quest. They do foster care, group homes, psycho-social rehabilitation and
wilderness programs. He will be working in the wilderness program. They spend a week in the wilderness and then a week at home.)
His plan was to train in Vegas for 4 days, come home for a week and then get started in the field. Yesterday he called and said they wanted him to start TODAY!!!! We had a matter of hours to get him ready. And now he's off. It all happened so fast, I didn't even have time to think about he was leaving until we woke Bracken up this morning for prayers. A few tears trickled down my cheek, but I soon remembered that he'd been away much much longer than this and it was going to be fine. Phew!
So, now that he's gone I've compiled a list of things I am planning on accomplishing while husband-less:
- Spend endless hours in front of my computer perusing Hollywood gossip blogs
- Make dinner for my kids at least 3 x a week
- Go through his closet and find all his old work t-shirts that I will now confiscate and use for jammies.
- Clean my toilets.
- Spend one whole day in my pajamas.
- Watch every "period piece" movie I own.
- Possibly go to the gym.
- Finish cleaning out my washing machine. (We dyed his old Army pants black for him to take)
- Weigh the pros and cons of moving to Las Vegas.
- Enjoy the month or two I have left before this city gets hotter than ****
10 comments:
I am doing the same thing, weighing the pros and cons of moving to Vegas.
I think your list looks really good. There is just one I have to comment on though. . . There are way more cons on moving to Vegas than pros! At least for me there is. I totally understand why you are considering it, but I really don't want you to move. Lindsay would be so sad, as would I.:(
Justin new jobs sounds really great! Sounds like you have lots of fun plans! My hubby is gone until Saturday night interviewing at a DO school in Colorado. Then he'll be gone next Wednesday-Sunday next week interviewing at a DO school in Washington! I can definitely relate. I am going to have to find fun activities similar to yours to work on!
I hope the job works out well for him. Good Luck with your list!
WOW! I love your positive list of fun things to do. I don't think I would be as fun or positive, you totally rock!! Best of luck and I hope he LOVES his new job!
What a funny list. It looks like you included the pracitcal, the necessary, and pure enjoyment. :) Sorry you have to be husband-less. When would you move if you do?
I have to laugh. Most of your list is pretty concrete except the "possibly" going to the gym. Funny!
I have relatives that live in a suburb of vegas, and they absolutely love it. Good luck!
Love this post!!!!!!!! I'm so glad he started so soon! That is so awesome. Wow, moving to Vegas, an adventure to be sure!!!
Good luck Justin. When I saw him in Camo and the title of your post, my stomach almost fell out. I hate camo and goodbyes in the same picture. I hope everything goes well for Just and he has a good adventure in the process. I miss you guys.
That's great Justin was able to start so soon- maybe it was a blessing in disguise to quickly get him on his way instead of dwelling on the fact that he was leaving. Good luck with your list...I love lists! Vegas? Wow! Adventures never cease for the Moss Family!
Post a Comment