May 5, 2009

A little help, please!

I never imagined how difficult it would be to find a ball.

A "Glitter Ball" to be specific.

These balls cost $8 at Wal-Mart and little girls all over the state are going crazy about them. I didn't worry about it because my thoughts were, "What parent is going to pay $8 for a ball"? (Except me, of course!)

I guess plenty, because they are SOLD-OUT at every Wal-Mart! It has become a quest for me now. I found one at this site for $12, but I am not sure I want to pay that plus shipping.

And so I am asking for your help. First, what is the fascination all about? Its a BALL for heavens sake. (I guess I didn't understand the Tickle-Me-Elmo craze either, though). Second, does anyone know where I might be able to find one? Someone suggested Wal-Greens, but I haven't checked it out yet. Third, am I insane for giving into this?

6 comments:

MOANA said...

I found these at oriental trading dont know if this helps but you could buy a dozen and sell the rest or something else perhaps gift them to friends? Here the link hope you find what you are looking for. Let us know what you came up with Moana.
http://www.orientaltrading.com/ui/browse/processRequest.do?demandPrefix=46&productId=IN-12/1636&mode=Searching&requestURI=processProductsCatalog&xsaleSku=39/1110&sku=12/1636&cm_sp=Cross%20Sell-_-Product%20Detail-_-Product%20Detail

Lori said...

Hey girly! I saw that Brooke had a link to your bloggity blog and had to check it out :) If you want I will check the WalMart up here and see if they have them. I am coming back down a week from Friday and could bring one then if they do. Let me know. Oh, and cute blog by the way!

Chase, Amy, and Carter said...

hahaha! Chase,Carter and I were at walmart and i saw several of these with the balls. I laughed and joked how it was a perfect medicine ball for a toddler. Those suckers are HEAVY. :) I had no idea that they were so popular. They have several at our walmart here in ABQ and I was almost positive it said they were only $2. If you want me to snag you one I can. We will be in St. George the first week in June. :)

Monica said...

http://shunter.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008825007894/pdtl/Toy-ball/1007381183/Glitter-Ball.htm

ok, ok, ok - so the "supplier" is out of taiwan (oh well)....

you are too funny alicia.

Alisha said...

Wow! That's crazy! Congrats on your new job!

Rachel said...

I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE those!!! I've seen them at the one in Price...but not lately. Hope you find them!!!