Sep 1, 2009

Lampshade Makeover!

Oh my girls! Look what I just did.

Years ago I bought these great pink lamps. I loved them because they matched the pink in my duvet. Years passed and I grew out of pink, so I spray painted the bases black.

This was fine and dandy for a few years, but I have been really anxious to do something with these plain white lampshades. A few months ago I saw this video on GTU and was completely inspired!




So I took some paper, scissors, gems, modge podge, trimming & glue.



I did most of it while watching the t.v while the kids were in bed and . . .











VOILA!



New lampshades!

I love them. They're much better than plain old boring white, aren't they?

BEFORE & AFTER


P.S. Thanks, Lori for your inspiring performance on GTU. Even though I didn't know you at the time, I just knew you'd inspired me!

9 comments:

Brooke said...

Love the finished project! You did great. Makes me want to redo my family room shade.

Anonymous said...

SOOOO cute!!! Love what you did! Glad you were able to find the glue :) I can't believe that they still have the link up on GTU to that episode, too funny!

Nathan and Sarah said...

those look amazing! Way to go!

Steve and Donna said...

that's great- very inventive! Plus great for your budget too! :)

Damaris said...

They look great!

Heather said...

Those look great!

JRBushClan said...

This was an awesome re-do. I all about those.

Rachel said...

Look at YOU!!!! Loooooooove that!

Ruth said...

Wow! Really cute Alicia!