Oct 4, 2009

Animals, Corn & Sunsets

Fall has finally arrived in Southern Utah!  This is exciting, because there are moments during the summer when you feel like you live in a sauna.  Fall is such a wonderful time here because it doesn't get really cold.  It cools down to the 80's!  At night it can still get a chilly, but for the most part it is a wonderful time of year here.  We celebrated the beginning of the season by taking another trip to the Staheli Family Farm.  You might remember this from last year.  We invited Justin's parents along this year and although I think it wasn't quite what they'd expected, I think they enjoyed spending time with us.


First, the kids had their faces painted.  Bracken sat down and when the girl asked him what he wanted he said, "a lion".  I convinced him a bat might be better.  He was really excited about this - at first.  



And then he saw his sisters kitty face . . . 



. . .and he had to go back for more.




And then it was off to play with the animals.  




And when I mean "play", I really mean PLAY!  They open the cage and let you in.  While Ema was extremely excited about this, Bracken decided he'd rather do what he does best - 



Play Superheros!  We finally talked him into getting into the cage with the animals and caught some super cute pictures.  He's not as brave as his sister yet.  He may take after his mom in his fear of things that walk and make noises.


Here are a few more pictures of the kids in the animal cages.












After playing for a few minutes, we were off to the corn maze!









We had a great time at the "farm" this year.  (and no, we didn't adopt a toe-head.  that's ema's friend lindsay who's parent were out of town.)


What's fall without beautiful sunsets?



4 comments:

Damaris said...

Your kids are, as always, so cute! And I'm happy that you still get to enjoy the fall weather, we breezed over fall in about two weeks - I think we're entering winter now...

Dad said...

Cute story...and pictures

Steve and Donna said...

Hi to Lynette & Steve and thanks for sharing!

Brooke said...

Thanks again for taking Lindsay with you. She LOVED it!