Dec 1, 2009

A Simple Thanksgiving

This year we stayed home.  We had the option of being with extended family, but we decided to try Thanksgiving just the four of us.  I really wanted a simple day, but I spent hours cooking so I really can't call it that.  It was peaceful and we have a TON of leftovers . . .STILL.

We decided to cook a HAM instead of a TURKEY.  This was disheartening to our kids, because they don't decorate and color PIGS in honor of Thanksgiving!  To make the kids feel better, I helped them make some Turkey Hats.


They were classic.


It was a wonderful day.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am all about ham, so I heartily endorse that choice! Maybe I'll just brainwash my kids early and have them decorate pigs for Thanksgiving so they won't know the difference. :)

Steve and Donna said...

cute hats.... I like the collage idea