I promised a movie review yesterday, didn't I?
Last night we saw Valentine's Day. Now, as you might be able to tell from the trailers - there is A LOT going on in this movie. There are six or seven stories that are slowly colliding throughout the movie.
I'm not going to give out any spoilers because I think some of you may not appreciate knowing what happens, but I do have a few complaints:
1. There were so many funny parts in the trailers that were not in the movie. That bugged me, but there were a lot of funny parts in the movie so I guess the DVD will be extra special with a billion deleted scenes.
2. Most of the stories have a cheesy wrap up which makes me a little uncozy in my seat.
3. Because there is SO much going on, you can't really explore depth in any of the characters - so don't go looking for anything deep and meaningful.
4. Everyone is good looking
On the other hand, there were a few things that I loved:
1. All the stories connect and it's fun to see how. Some of them have you guessing until the very end.
2. It makes light of V-day and the hopes, excitement, worries, resentment and sometimes loneliness that surround such a commercialized over rated holiday :)
3. Taylor Swift is surprisingly funny
4. Everyone is good looking.
So, decide for yourself if you want to see this movie. Our showing was sold out, so maybe you should get your tickets early. We had fun and it was a good two hours well spent, but I'm not a harsh critic and if I leave a movie having laughed, then I usually enjoy myself.
My grade?
cheesy romance + lots of laughs + so much beauty - depth x (Jessica Alba, Kathy Bates, Jessica Biel, Julia Roberts, Taylor Swift, Bradley Cooper, Eric Dane, Patrick Dempsey, Hector Elizondo, Jamie Foxx, Jennifer Garner, Topher Grace, Anne Hathaway, Ashton Kutcher, Queen Latifah, Taylor Lautner, George Lopez, Shirley MacLaine, Emma Roberts.) =
you should probably see this movie, just so you have something to talk about at work on Tuesday.

1 comment:
I liked it!!! And I could agree with you on everything that you said! THANKS for the REVIEW!!! :)
Post a Comment