It's been Spring Break around here and I've worked all week. Which has had extreme drawbacks because the kids are home. Thankfully it's been cold and rainy, so we haven't been too sad to stay sheltered inside. Until today. The sun is shining and I feel GREAT! The morning sickness has all but evaporated. If I keep food in my stomach, then I'm good to go. I will tell you one thing that saved me during the last month of sickness:
Sunkist Mandarin Oranges= SOOOOOO MUCH GOOOOODNESSSSSS!!!!!
I actually have forked out $6 a bag each time I go to the grocery store, just to have these little oranges around. I keep them in my purse, just in case. They are sweet and juicy and I am in love with them. Weeks ago, when nothing else sounded good - I could always eat a mandarin. When I am hungry, but don't want something heavy - I eat a mandarin. When I want a sweet treat - I eat a mandarin (Get the picture?) The baby will probably come out ORANGE COLORED I've eaten so many.
I'm doing well and loving my new waist expansion. At times I can't believe this is real. It's such a miracle for our family. I'm pretty much addicted to this too:
It's on 6 times a day, so I can get my daily fix pretty easy. It's bad though, because I worry about the same things happening to me that happen to these women. I saw one about a lady who had triplets and that night I had a dream I was pregnant with multiples. I saw one where a baby was born without fingers on one hand. They thought maybe he was crammed up on one side of the uterus early on, so I am always jabbing at my stomach to get the little guy moving. I want a baby with 10 fingers and 10 toes. (See. It's making me crazy) I am determined to stop watching. I will let you know how it goes.
So, here's my question:
What did you crave while you were pregnant and what other things were you obsessed with?

9 comments:
Oh my heck I craved peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and glasses of milk. I was eating three or four sandwiches a day and drinking two gallons of milk by myself. Sofie is horribly allergic to peanuts and Seth keeps teasing me that it was all those peanut butter sandwiches I ate pregnant! :)
You wrote "little guy" and I started freaking out. Hmmmm, so you're thinking it's a boy. Hmmmm.
I still can't believe you're pregnant, too. It's so exciting!!!
I could not get enough ice.I went to the gas station every day and would get 3 of the biggest cups of ice I could get. Sometimes I would go back for more. I actually miss ice. It doesnt appeal to me anymore, but I loved having something that I loved so much and had no calories!
I am so excited for you guys!
I suffer from food aversions, but not cravings. I'm not sure whether or not I'm happy about that little situation. The saddest of my food aversions? Cadbury's Mini Eggs! This is the third time in seven years I've been pregnant over Easter and can't enjoy those delicious little morsels. Citrus was on the list but by some miracle my body will tolerate it again. I LOVE oranges so I love that they no longer make me sick when I eat them.
wish you lived here- you could get all the tangerines, oranges, etc. you want off the trees in our back yard. :)
I'm craving fries, hamburgers, steak, and strawberries. Kind of odd, but I guess I need something sweet with all the salt. So excited for you!!
WHAT!? You look so cute on that doctor table! :) I reeeeeally craved oranges too when I was preggo! And I laughed at the Baby Story, haha! When I was preggo with Savanna, I watched them all day and cried at all of them! But for some reason, having given birth, I saw them with Lilly and they made me morning sick, haha!
I too was obsessed with baby story when I was pregnant with Kenzi. I craved blueberry donuts and dairy queen french fries with fry sauce. That could be why I weighed in at over 200 lbs with her! Stick to mandarin oranges! Ha ha.
I miss checking your blog for a couple of weeks and WHAT?!!!!.. your pregnant!! Yea for messing up the equilibrium of life-- yep. and actually funny but I heard the news from Donna. Don't you love the network of your fan club!
Post a Comment