Mar 2, 2010

Shocker!

Dear Friends,


I went to the Dr. yesterday.  I had anxiety all day long.  I kept thinking he was going to tell me that I wasn't really pregnant.  I found my Dr. by asking around and I made an appt. with the Dr. who had delivered most of my friends babies.  


Now, you have to understand that I didn't know how far along I was.  I have really long cycles and they're way irregular, so going off my last period seemed like a stretch.  I was DYING to know my due date (if I was, in fact, pregnant, that is).  The time came for my appt. and I left 15 minutes early (even though I live 2.5 minutes away from the clinic). Of, course it was almost AN HOUR before I actually got to meet the Dr.  grrr.  Next time, I'm TOTALLY scheduling my appt. for first thing in the morning - you're in and you're out.


Ok, so the Dr. comes in and he's older than my Dad.  (Which I guess is good.  That means he's probably delivered a lot of babies and he's someone I can trust.).  Now, the thing about being a Moss in St. George is that everyone knows someone who is related to us.  So, began the conversation with my Dr. about who-are-you-related-to?  


After a few minutes he checked my uterus and guess what? I'm really preggo!!!  I know.  I'm shocked too.  


So, then I told him that I should be nine weeks, but I think I'm more like six (due to irregularity and such).  He felt my uterus and said, "you feel like you're about eight weeks".  Shocker!  Wow.  
But it makes sense because I've been sick for a MONTH, and I've been EXHAUSTED even longer.  So, he left my due date as October 5th, but I think the baby will come later.


So, we're having a kid.  Another one.  Wow.


Ema is completely giddy.  She keeps coming up with names.  I think it will be another boy.  Ema and Bracken both want girls *Ema, for the logical reason and Bracken, because he doesn't want to share any toys, clothes, etc.


The most exciting thing about this is that my little sister Angie is due 4 weeks before me with her second.  


I can't believe we are throwing off the nice equilibrium of our family like this, but I know it's a blessing.  It happened just when I least expected it and I know this little one will bring joy and blessings to our family.  
So, here's to the little olive growing inside me!


FYI:

  •  I am already unbuttoning my jeans because they're SO tight. I only have a little, teeny, tiny baby bump so I will post pics when it becomes more prominent.  
  • I didn't know I was pregnant for awhile because I had just started taking a new multi-vitamin with Iron that I thought was making me sick.  It wasn't until I stopped taking it that I realized something fishy was going on with my body.
  • I have a HUGE aversion to meat.  Ick.  I am also craving cheese in all forms (ie. cheese and crackers, cheese enchiladas, cheese roll-ups, grilled cheese and just plain cheese)





Love always,


Me

10 comments:

Steve and Donna said...

great news for you and your family. Like how you took pictures in the doctor's office- I assume Justin took them?

*Katie* said...

Okay, so I squeeled out loud when I clicked on the blog and saw the new header!! YAY!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Brooke said...

I just have to say I am soooo excited for you! Glad to hear you liked Dr. Rogers. I think he is great, but if I didn't I wouldn't be going back to him.
I am also just a little mad that you didn't let me know after your appt how it went. I mean I had to look here to find out what went on and when your due date is. Hello you needed to let me know! I will forgive you:)

Rachel said...

WOW!!! That is just SOOOOOOOOOO crazy!!! So awesome too to be so much farther along, wow! I bet your kids are so excited. :)

Snakes said...

Congrats! That's so exciting!!!

Lindsey said...

Congrats! That is so exciting! You are such a cute mom!

Pallas said...

I love your posts.

Lynette said...

Thanks for posting the picture of my new grand-baby,so cute! I love you guys and I am so happy for you! I do have something so say about your comment about the doctor being "older than your dad" . . . what exactly are you saying, that your dad is old? If he's old I must be getting old too and I hadn't notice if I am! LOL Love you!

Debra Hawkins said...

YAY! I am so excited for you. What great news! I love the pics in the doctor's office. So something I would do. :)

Crawford Family said...

That is so great! Congratulations, three is totally the new two haaa! Keep us nice and updated!