
Pregnancy is a miraculous thing. A woman's body has the power to create and sustain a life as it grows and develops into a baby. But the miracle does not come without costs:
- Nausea
- Fatigue/Exhaustion
- Constipation
- Swelling of the Abdomen
- Back Aches
- Leg Cramps
- Spider Veins (sometimes on your face)
- Achy, Swollen and Tender Bust
- Headaches
- Frequent Urination
- Numbness in the arm, leg and hip
- Food Cravings
- Food Aversions
- Weight Gain
- Abdominal Cramps
- Round Ligament Pain
- Hemorrhoids
- Bloating
- Dizziness (light headed)
- Acne
- Bloody/Stuffy Nose
- Difficultly Sleeping
- Bleeding Gums
- Heartburn/Indigestion
- Difficulty Sitting/Standing
- Hormonal Mood Changes
- Shortness of Breath
- Increased Appetite
- Increase in Blood Pressure
- Hair Loss
- Extreme PAIN on Delivery
- Stretch Marks
- Loose Skin
- Saggy You-Know-What's
And that's if everything goes WELL!
But somehow all of this is forgotten when you're holding the sweet miracle that you helped create.
I have a week until I find out what I'm having. The kids are giddy. I think even my mom is giddy.
This pregnancy has been SO different from the other two because I have been able to share it with not just Justin, but Ema and Bracken too. They are delicate and nurturing. They are intrigued and in awe of the changes that my body is experiencing. As my "bump" grows, so does the fascination with the fetus and what he/she is learning to do. Bracken will tenderly come to my belly and place his hands there. Ema follows along with the baby's development DAILY. She has three app's on the i-pod that tell her how big the baby is getting. I think Justin is just in shock that it's really happening again! And me? I think I'm starting to admit the reality of the changes our family is going to experience. Those of you who are close to me, know that I've wanted this for a very long time. It's surreal, but it's incredible. And I don't seem to mind all the symptoms as long as it means I'm still pregnant :)

7 comments:
This is a great post. I love the idea of having a baby, and after reading this--I'm just fine with waiting a few years. I can't wait to meet the new bundle of joy! I'm so glad you and Justin are having another baby. You are so good at making cute ones!
Right there with ya! Loved this post.
you are so right- we forget all the pain when we see the baby for the first time. When I had my last one it was almost like my first (since the one before was 5 yrs. apart).
Alicia! I hope you are not having half of these symptoms....ahhh the joys of pregnancy. I totally agree though. I was in awe the entire pregnancy. It really is a miracle and such a blessing to be a mother. :) Oh and we'll be hitting up St. George next monday-thursday....breakfast/lunch tuesday or wednesday?
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! LOOOOOOOOVE this post so much!!! I can't wait to hear what you're having!!! So exciting for you! And I love how excited your kids are too, that is so sweet. Who ever thought I would be so excited to get pregnant that I would *crave* morning sickness. I must be crazy. :)
Good for you!
What a gay comment, I know. Those are the only words that I can manage to get out that make sense that don't involve me TOTALLY agreeing with, yet being SO grateful Brandon has been "fixed."
So true!! All those "symptoms" are worth it in the end :)
Post a Comment