Mother's Day this year was AMAZING. I awoke to a clean house and French toast (my favorite). The kids had made me a GIANT card that was so sweet. Ema made me a plaque at school with her handprint and I cried as I read the poem. My baby girl is almost a 2nd grader. And my baby boy is starting Kindergarten in the fall. How did that happen?
It could've been the hormones, but it was a very emotional day and I loved it. We had a great program at church and spent the evening in Pine Valley with Justin's Mom and Dad.
It could've been the hormones, but it was a very emotional day and I loved it. We had a great program at church and spent the evening in Pine Valley with Justin's Mom and Dad.
I absolutely LOVE being a mother. It is hard work and sometimes discouraging, but I am grateful for such wonderful children. I remember how much I loved college because how it felt to be rewarded for my hard work. I would get a certificate after a long semester telling me I'd made the Dean's List. There is no "Dean's List" with motherhood. You have to trust that you're doing a good job and that you're family is grateful for you because they often forget to tell you :) I guess that's why we have Mother's Day!
A few (of the many) things I have learned about motherhood:
- Motherhood is payback for all the stress you put your parent's through as a child.
- No matter what my children do or say I will never stop loving them. In fact, the older they get and the more we form a real relationship, I realize how unconditionally a parent can love their child. It makes me look at my parent's in a whole new light and I'm grateful for all they've sacrificed for me.
- Laundry, dishes and messes will never end. So don't wish them too. Just embrace the opportunity you have to teach your children to work. If you start doing it for them - it's hard to stop. (I know this from experience).
- There ARE going to be times when your kids know more than you.
- Having more than one child just multiplies your capacity to love.
I will cherish the day that motherhood becomes my only job again.
P.S. This is a shout out to my wonderful mother who has been such a great example of unconditional love and forgiveness. I know that she should have WAY more gray hairs than she does after raising 3 daughters. We weren't that nice to her at times. But she's always been willing to do whatever she could for us and I love her for that. I also have 2 "other" mother's who have been great examples to me. Thank You!
P.S. This is a shout out to my wonderful mother who has been such a great example of unconditional love and forgiveness. I know that she should have WAY more gray hairs than she does after raising 3 daughters. We weren't that nice to her at times. But she's always been willing to do whatever she could for us and I love her for that. I also have 2 "other" mother's who have been great examples to me. Thank You!
1 comment:
A favorite day for me too :)
Post a Comment