Jul 11, 2010

My Happy List

A fellow blogger posted a "Happy List" today.  I love the idea.  It's definitely not going to be a weekly thing because some weeks I just like feeling sorry for myself ;) but today I'm feeling especially grateful and thought I'd tell you what made me happy this week:

  1. I caught someone smoking on their balcony and got to evict them.  This always makes me happy because I know it happens a lot more often than I know about.  I'm just glad this person left me lots and lots of proof.  That was nice.
  2. I get my gel toes filled tomorrow.  
  3. I bought a carseat/carrier from a friend and a SUPER cute bouncer for baby girl.  They're both in great condition and it made me so happy to start bringing stuff home for her.
  4. I finished school shopping for the kids this week.  Everything except for a pair of Mary Jane's for Ema.  So, unless the kids grow 2 sizes by August 12th, then we're all set for school!
  5. did my dishes every single day this week.
  6. Along those same lines, we pulled out our baby clothes that we saved from Ema and realized how SPOILED and WELL DRESSED she was.  Holy Macaroni!  We have just about everything we need in the area of clothes for Princess #2 and that makes me happy.  We won't talk about where we're going to put it all because that's not AS happy a thought.
  7. I have 7 boxes of cold cereal to choose from in my pantry.
  8. My Grandpa seems like he's back to his old self (He's spent the last 2.5 weeks recovering from a fungus growing in his esophagus and intestinal tract.)  What a trooper he's been.  The doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with him for the longest time and he was delusional for awhile.  But he's back to his old self again and on his way to his woodshop again!
  9. I have only 86 more days of pregnancy.  
  10. Because of what's happening in #8, my mom has been sleeping over every night.  We live 2 minutes away from the care center where my Gpa is recovering and she has been staying here to be closer to him.  I love, Love, LOVE having her close.  It's pure joy.  Ha ha.  That's her name too - JOY!
  11. I have a clean kitchen.  Floor included.  Man, that feels nice!  


So that's my Happy List.  What's yours?

What has made YOU happy today?




3 comments:

Michelle said...

I love your happy list, but I may have to wait to do mine...on a happier day!

Anonymous said...

Someday we will have to plan that trip to Austin and see what treasures we can find. Wouldn't that be great? BTW, I cannot believe you are DONE school shopping! WHAT? I haven't even thought about it!

Teresa & Tim Chavey said...

Alicia: I can't figure out how to sign up for email notices of your blog posts! How do I do it?