Dear Sugar,
I am so completely in love with you. I have been since the day my mom first put you in my oatmeal as a little girl. I'm not prejudice - I love both of your colors (brown and white) and I even love you powdered. I love the way you glimmer in the sunlight as you lay on top of my orange slices. I love the rush I feel after we spend time together. I am not too picky about what you look like. I just love to be with you.
At times I see too much of you and need an occasional break, but I always return to you and your sweet goodness, your crystallized charm, your versatility and complete all around goodness. I cherish the moments that we spend together, but I hate how hard you are on my body. My teeth suffer because of my affections for you. The dentist calls it decay, but it is a small price to pay for love. My dad tells me to stay away from you *especially when you are refined*, but it makes me want you more. I hear stories and rumors about you that are so hard to believe. The damage they tell me you can have on my body. It CAN'T be true. . .can it?
The fond memories of churros at carnivals, snowcones on a hot summer day, licorice at the movies, fudge during Christmas, cereal each night before bed, rich frosting on cakes for birthday celebrations, the list goes on and on . . .
Dear, sweet sugar, I am grateful for the memories I have had with you throughout the years, but I think we need a break.
You see, I am expecting a child. I had my sugar levels tested the other day at my Dr.'s office and I FAILED. It was miserable. My reading was supposed to be under 140 and because of you (and your potency in my favorite breakfast treat) I FAILED. Now, I am forced to take ANOTHER test at the hospital that takes 3 hours and will not be enjoyable in any way, shape or form. I must take a hiatus from you, dear sugar to make sure my baby stays healthy.
I do not think I could leave you forever. That is just not in my genetics. But, I will be taking a break for awhile.
Love (your biggest admirer),
Alicia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I have a sweet tooth too! I had pretty bad gestational diabetes with 4 of my 5 pregnancies and had to do that 3 hour test a couple of times with each pregnancy. Then the doctor always put me on a strict diabetic diet. It was SO HARD being pregnant and on a diabetic diet at the same time. No fun at all. I hope the test goes well for you!!!
ALICIA - you failed the test? OH MY. So sorry to hear that. However, I am laughing...about that whole post. Good one : )
I am a sugar FREAK. It's really bad. I have cut gluten from my life. I have cut dairy from my life. But if I had to cut sugar??? I would rather DIE! I hope you pass your next test!!!
LOVED that post!! Love love love sugar too! So sorry you failed the test, I don't know what I would do. It's so hard to not have sugar during a pregnancy - with all the hormones and emotions, I NEED sugar. I hope you pass the next test!
Post a Comment