Jul 23, 2010

My baby bump (Pictureless Post)

Has anybody noticed how BIG my baby girl is getting? (By this, I am referring to the widget on the right).  When I first added it, she was teeny tiny and now she's almost filling up the circle.  I'm particularly proud of my baby girl and how big she's growing.  The last time I went to the Dr. he said I was measuring "right on".  I take this to mean that I am doing perfectly well.

Are you wondering why I am blabbering about this?
I will tell you.

Today in TJ Maxx there were two ladies behind me in line. (Complete STRANGERS, I might add).  I noticed the one was pregnant and I smiled at her.  She then asked how far along I was. I told her 7 months and she said, "you're so tiny".  Hmph!  Well, "how far along are you"? I asked.  A little annoyed, because she looked about as big as I was.

6 1/2 months, she said.  So (I ask you), if we're THAT close.  And we look ABOUT the same, am I really THAT small? No.

It's obnoxious, because I get it so much.
If my Dr. were to say something, that's a different story.  But you're not a Dr., a midwife or even a nurse so PLEASE don't tell me that I look "small" when you really have no idea.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw this awesome article when I was pregnant with Jake. It had three women all at the same stage of pregnancy. And they all looked different. One looked like she swallowed a ten pound watermelon. Another looked like she had a cute basketball and carried lower. And the other, well, she looked like she was just barely 4 or 5 months (they were all at 8 months) and barely had a baby bump. The reason, the way the pelvis sits/tilts and how tall or short their torso was. I found that very interesting and helpful. Knowing that though, I still get a little jealous of women that hardly look pregnant, but at the same time, am very proud of how huge I think I get!
BTW, I think you have the prefect belly bump (from past pictures posted so far) and look amazing and beautiful! Good work on growing that babe!

Chase, Amy, and Carter said...

Hahahaha....I hated this when I was pregnant...I always got that, and was desperately wanting to get "bigger". Well, during the following month...about 7.5 months....I gained 15 pounds...that's when I started jogging again and wished that this was NOT a sign of what was to come. LOL. :) You look fabulous, ignore all the stupid comments people make and I am so excited for your little girl to get here.

Eve said...

Whatever! You're such a fatty! You're huge! How do you stand carrying around that huge belly??!! I love it so much. You're too cute not to make lotsa babies.

Nathan and Sarah said...

Wow, I always tell people they look small because i thought they would be excited. It is good to see that not everyone feels that way. I was HUGE so looking small would have made me feel great!

I bet you look perfect!

Hoenes Family said...

I am sorry, but I would much rather be told that I am so tiny then "Oh my gosh! You have 4 months left! You look like you're about to pop! Are you having twins!?" I think you should post so pics! I am sure you look just right. I am not the "norm" :)

Rachel said...

I always feel like whale and see other girls and think they look petite and cute. YOU do look tiny!