Sep 6, 2010

The Tooth Fairy Returns . . .

Bracken is almost 6.  He is a "late-bloomer" when it comes to losing his teeth.  Ema started losing hers around her 5th birthday.  I remember her showing up at Primary in Logan with her tooth and a newly carved hole in her mouth - she was the star!  Bracken has waited and waited, very patiently for his day and it finally came.




We thought his tooth was going to fall out at McDonalds last week, but no. Not even with a little help from Dad . . .

So we waited a few days.  Ema convinced Bracken to let his Grandma Nona try.  She has pulled a bunch of Ema's teeth out and Ema's convinced it's her occupation in life!  She came down friday to take the kids for the weekend and we asked her to give it a shot. 

I didn't have my camera ready in time.  It happened so fast.  She stuck a rag in his mouth.  He screamed.  Before he could finish the scream, his tooth was out and he looked shocked.  Here are some "after" pictures:

Right after the pull!
This little tooth is worth a LOT of $$$
Say CHEESE!


All bagged up and ready to take to Grandmas.


I don't have any pictures of Bracken waking up with his "stash", because he was with his Grandma in Pine Valley.  The tooth fairy found him there and gave him a WHOPPING $5 for his first tooth.  For some crazy reason that's what the tooth fairy gives our kids for their first tooth.  

I called Bracken in Pine Valley on Saturday morning and he told me about his money.  He was so excited.  He also told me that he thought I should buy him a "graduation present for losing [his] first tooth.  Not something big, but a toy or something." 


6 comments:

Lynette said...

As Bracken was going to sleep with his tooth under his pillow he told me, "I am going to dream of money!"

Hoenes Family said...

5 bucks! Good thing that is only for the first tooth lost!! I will not do well with loose teeth. Grosses me out so much!

Alisha said...

Wow $5, that is an expensive tooth! Lucky guy!

Brooke said...

Holy Cow! I want $5.00 for a tooth. Don't tell Lindsay. Lindsay waited a long time to loose her first tooth as well. She was about the same age as Bracken.

Rachel said...

Haha, I love tackling kids and yanking their teeth out. Great pics!

Teresa & Tim Chavey said...

Work it Bracken! Alex is always coming up with an angle for why he should get something, too. Works a majority of the time. I can't resist a good argument.