Sep 7, 2010

Extreme Nesting

I've enlisted the help of my FABULOUS husband for the ultimate nesting. We've been repainting and re-carpeting our house.  WHAT A CHORE!  It's honestly worse than moving because you have to LIVE in your MESS everyday.  

Here are some pictures of our CHAOS!

We had to move everything out of our bedroom to re-paint and re-carpet.  Our kids were such troopers! They had to give up their bedroom for the good part of last week. 


It was actually kind of fun sleeping in the same room as them.  It was like a hotel [ok, I had to close my eyes really tight as I imagined the hotel.]  


Our entire living room ended up in the kitchen.  


Which meant that the kids did not have a table to eat on, a couch or chairs to sit on or a tv to watch.  

So we improvised.

We were grateful for Justin's parents who came down last minute and helped up pull up carpet and paint some walls.  


In the midst of all this chaos I lost the charger to my phone.  After it died, I spent a few days without a cell phone and it was a bit exhilarating.  When I finally found the charger and plugged it in I had quite a few messages.



We're still in the middle of putting the house back together so I will post pictures later.  My only regret with this whole process is that we waited until late in my 3rd trimester to take on a project like this.  I don't have as much energy as I would like and I keep praying that the baby will wait until we're done to make her arrival.  

5 comments:

Debra Hawkins said...

Oooo, can't wait to see everything finished! I am so happy for you!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the finished product.. the house and the baby. :) and I'm super jealous because I would love to paint right now and can't. Thank you for painting and carpeting so I can live vicariously through you!

Rachel said...

WOW, that is extreme nesting! So exciting though, you'll love it when it's done!

Julie said...

I love your posts

Teresa & Tim Chavey said...

I love this article. The picture of Justin peaking out from the furniture is awesome. Always love to see people laugh about chaos rather than cry.