Sep 12, 2010

36 Weeks 5 Days

Thanks to my wonderful sister in law, Julie - I had a cute new shirt to show off my (almost) 37 week bump!

 As much as I'm uncomfortable in my own body, not sleeping well at night and feeling the effects of having a 7lb human inside me, I'm not so sure that she's coming anytime soon.  I've been having a lot of braxton-hicks, but I don't feel like labor is all that imminent.  When I went to the Dr. on Thursday he said, "I don't think you'll make it to 39 weeks".  Now, WHY do Dr.'s say stuff like that?  Now I'm counting down until week 39 and every single little thing makes me wonder . . .
This has been the best out of all three pregnancies I've had.  I had NO overnight stays in the hospital (I had a few with the others) and the time has flown by.  Although I've been in excruciating pain sometimes because of my hips, I'm enjoying being pregnant and wondering if this is the last for me. 
The kids are SO excited.  Waiting and wondering what the next few weeks will bring.  Ema talks a lot about what we will name her (it concerns her that the baby is still nameless) and what color her eyes will be (she goes back and forth between blue and brown).  She is going to be an amazing big sister.  This little girl is so lucky!

Bracken, too has been talking about things.  He told me today that he is going to rock the baby to sleep every single night (if I get her ready for bed).  He continues to be loving and gentle with me.

On a side note: He continues his love of BYU.  I know it has everything to do with his Grandpa's.  We have stopped trying to stifle it and have embraced it.  (Those of you who know us know us well will understand the magnitude of this).  Having kids humbles you in ways you can't even imagine.

So, here we are as we enter the last three weeks as a family of four.  We'll keep you posted!

5 comments:

Teresa & Tim Chavey said...

You look great in gray.

Steve and Donna said...

cute update- enjoy every minute (pain and all) and by the way-
Go Cougars (hah) :)

Rachel said...

CUTE! And I love that maternity skirt! You have the cutest preggo bump!

Christine and Curtis Snelgrove said...

Cute pregnant belly. Congrats!

Alisha said...

Darling shirt! Good luck :)