Feb 26, 2008

Kid-less

My mom was kind enough to take our kids for us this week. I am having trouble keeping up on all my classes and we have a lot due during mid-terms. So, yesterday was fun. After school Justin and I studied until about 6 and then we went to Iggy's for dinner and saw Juno (which, I wouldn't be a good friend, sister, daughter - whatever I am to you - if I didn't tell you to go see this movie. Chances are you will LOVE IT or you already do!).

So, its been great to be "kid-less" for 24 hours. I went on a date with my husband and got to wake up without a kid in my bed. But now, its not so fun. I am really missing them and it feels like my life has less meaning than it did a few days ago.

I have realized lately that my kids are growing up fast. 3 and 5 year olds do not consider themselves babies and when I ask Bracken if he is my "baby boy" he quickly informs me that he is not and I should find someone else to be my baby.

I love my children and although at times it is overwhelming to do what I do, I cherish each day with them and their sweet and loving natures. I am in awe as they grow and learn new things.

Time is passing and soon they will not ask me to lay with them at night, they will not want me to watch "kid shows" with them, and they will care more for their friends' approval than mine. For now, I will continue to cherish and adore them for they are my world and I know worlds must change. They will not always be mine to take care of. I will make the memories last, for they are changing and growing so fast!

3 comments:

Alisha said...

Sounds nice, but at the same time I totally understand your missing them. Good luck with mid-terms, I'm sure you'll do great! By the way, you wondered where I got my background, it's from pyzam.com, they have a ton of different kinds of them, it's nice to change it up a bit. Anyways, hope all is well with you two.

*Katie* said...

Have a good week off! I feel so bad I couldn't watch them -- but at least you got a date night with your hubby!

Ruth said...

Good luck on mid-terms Alicia!