Feb 11, 2008

why you should always go to relief society...


Yesterday I spent the day with my family in Alpine. Justin had drill all day and the kids were with my in laws so I was really tempted to sleep through my mom's 9am sacrament meeting. BUT I didn't. I went and it was good. Then my little brother was being ordained a teacher. This was a neat experience. I can't believe he's old enough, but I guess he is 14. That makes me almost 30 and I hate that.

Anyway, back to my story.

So, after the ordination (which takes place during Relief Society/Priesthood) my mom and I debated whether or not to go into the last part of Relief Society. We decided to just head home and today the Lord made it clear to me that I made the wrong decision. At the time it seemed like the right decision b/c we were already 30 minutes late, but I would have much rather walked in late than not at all. Julie B. Beck (the general Relief Society President) taught the lesson. Yes! I know. I was sitting home when I could have been spiritually fed by this woman. This is a lesson to all of you reading this.

DON'T SKIP RELIEF SOCIETY!! You never know who could be teaching you, or what kind of nourishment you could be missing out on.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, that is the saddest thing I've ever heard!!! How horrible! Thanks for sharing though, I'll definitely learn from your mistake. :)

The Willson Family said...

That would have been so neat! But, to tell you the truth, you're a better person than I am. I probably would have slept in! So good job!

john & Karen Carter said...

You live and you learn. The message will still get to your ears... and your heart in some way.