Mar 16, 2008

Spring Break

It's officially the last day of Spring Break and I'm in a little bit of a depression. Here are some pictures of our travels. We took a quick trip to St. George. Now, I say quick because it wasn't long enough, despite the almost 7 days that we spent there.

Ema and Bracken LOVE to sleep on the air-bed. Their favorite game is to lay on it while it inflates or deflates.

It's so nice when they are getting along!





Here is my sister in law Jayne and I pretending to play ping-pong. The boys (and by "boys" I mean the big ones) enjoyed having the ping-pong table set up.


The kids love to hang out with my grandpa in his wood shop. They always seem to talk him into making them something. Ema came home with two doll beds, a mounted fish and a plaque with an angel.
Bracken talked him into making him a machete! He's in heaven - me, not so much.


My Grandma celebrated her 79th birthday on Thursday and we were able to spend the day with her. I bought her this cake that I found with carrot, red velvet, german chocolate and chocolate truffle cakes all quarted and combined. She loved it. I think she would have been pretty lonely if we hadn't been there and I was grateful to have the chance to be with them all day! On Friday, Justin's Grandma turned 69 and we went to dinner to celebrate her birthday!



Here we are with my father in law on a bike ride. Southern Utah has the most amazing bike trails. We only had one night to ride as a family. I wish we would have made more time for it. Ema loved it, but little B got tired fast.

All in all, we had a great time. The time flew fast, but we were glad we got to go. Justin had drill on Saturday and Sunday, so we had to come back to Alpine. My mom is on the Judges' Committee for the Utah State Junior Miss and took Ema to the State pageant last night. She wore this American Idol costume and this morning she kept making me pretend I was watching her perform at the pageant. It was pretty cute.
This is Lindsey Brinton. She won last night. Pretty cute and REALLY smart. She want to be a biochemical engineer and plans to go to Harvard. SERIOUSLY?

So, here we go...headed back home. Back to real life!

3 comments:

*Katie* said...

I love it! She's so funny. I'm bummed at the end of Spring Break, too. At least for you guys, it's the last leg of your undergrad! YEAH!!!

Rachel said...

I know, it's the biggest bummer feeling in the world to head back to school after such a great break. I'm glad you posted all your fun stuff, it looks like you had a blast!

Chase, Amy, and Carter said...

Looks like fun! I am glad you were able to enjoy some warm weather and spend tons of family time together!