Those of you who are mothers might be able to relate with me.Those of you who are not - take note: Nick. jr is not to be trusted.
There is something different about the children's station that I have not understood until today. In the morning when I turn on Dora for my kids there are commercials. Now some of these commercials are for children (especially during the Christmas season), but most of the time they are geared for moms.
Now, how many of you sit and watch Dora, the Explorer with your kids? I am sure that I should, but it is so much more effective for me to take the 2o minutes and get my floor swept...
So these commercials range from makeup to cleaning supplies and anything you can imagine in between. This is not what makes them evil, it is the ideas they put in a kids head. For instance:
Bracken is watching Diego while I doze in and out of consciousness snuggled in my bed. I hear him scream "I want bitter bitter baseball"

"What is 'bitter bitter baseball'", I think...then I realize he is watching Nick, jr. and I turn to see a commercial for Fisher Price's Better Batter Baseball - - Just so you know, this toy retails for $75. Nice, huh?
Thanks Nick, jr!
Second Story:
Today Ema comes in from riding her bike and has a little cut on her hand. I bring her into the bathroom and spray her finger with antiseptic. Then I hear:"Mom, we really need to buy Neo to go! That way we will always have stuff to put on my owies". (I'm thinking, what in the world is 'Neo to go'.) Then she tells me that "it is so good because you can take it everywhere".
Seriously Nickelodeon. Can we stop with the commercials? I think I'm going to stick with commercial-less Noggin or Disney channel until I get caught up with all the latest trends in consumer goods. I don't want my 3 and 5 year old to know more about that kind of stuff than I do...UGH!
1 comment:
Haha, totally!!! I was only letting Savanna watch Noggin for awhile until Christmas when we branched out to Nick Jr. and I wanted to scream. "I want that! I want that!" at every interval. Blah.
Post a Comment