Jun 16, 2008

Father's Day

Today it has been fun to see all of the posts that fellow bloggers have done for Fathers Day. Breakfast in bed. Gifts for their husbands. How wonderful! But you wont read about that here. Our Father's Day was pretty sad.
It started last night with some glitter. We're packing up our house right now, which means everything is chaos. For Bracken, it's HEAVEN. Yesterday he found the glitter and dumped it all over Tic-Tac - my sister Carrie's new little maltese puppy. We thought we got it all washed out, but when Justin was playing with him later that night, a piece flew into his eye and took up roots. Seriously. We tried everything to get it out (except for tweezers. No one would let me try.)

This morning Justin woke up with it still in his eye and very miserable. In fact, he was miserable all day long. Until 6pm when I loaded the family in the car and drove him down to the Insta Care. Ahh. Glorious InstaCare people. All my experiences with Insta Care included LONG waits so I drove the kids to McDonalds drive thru for dinner. THEN, I drove across town to the Burger King to get a Whopper for Justin. By the time I got back to the Insta Care he was done!!! They got him right in (because it's an "eye injury") and made him better. We ended up at the park with our food - Justin feeling relief and me feeling failure. Was this really Father's Day for me? I didn't even remember to call my Dad.

I would like to tell you that I am going to make it up to Justin and cook his favorite meal for dinner tomorrow, but I can't. My kitchen is already packed.

1 comment:

*Katie* said...

Ouch! That sounds painful :( Happy Father's Day, anyway, Justin! You guys are leaving this week, right? I feel bad we didn't get to see you before you left... make sure you all stay in touch, and good luck!