Aug 2, 2008

I'm Sew Obsessed . . .

. . . with Amy Butler bag patterns.

The first one I did was the Swing bag. I absolutely love this bag. It is darling. The bow on the side is optional, but I think it helps make it so cute. I always get compliments when I wear it too!

Then, I had to make one for Ema. It took her about 30 minutes to pick this fabric out. This one is called the Frenchy Bag. You can make a big shoulder bag version like Julie's.

And my latest is called the Birdie Sling and I LOVE IT!!! There is SO much room in it. It took over 3 yards of fabric to make this bag. Kelly and Marianne also made this bag.
And, in a rare appearance - Me, modeling my bag. (Can you tell by my face how much I love this thing?)This post is not an Amy Butler ad, just a fan telling you how much she adores her new hobby.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Amazing!! Do you know how bad I want a sewing machine!? I love the black one, SEW cute, haha. :) I didn't realize you guys were still in Limbo Land too?? Weren't you guys accepted to a school somewhere? Or are you trying to get a job? What is your story?? I want to hear! It's nice to know someone knows exactly how I feel. :) Love you!!!

Michele said...

I absolutely LOVE those bags. I'm looking for a new sewing project actually, where do you find the patterns? So cute, love the material too.

Anonymous said...

That black and white one is adorable! And you already know I like the other ones.

Morgan & Heidi Taylor said...

I want to make a bag but I don't really know how to sew.... They are too cute!