Jul 27, 2008

Where are all the chick flicks?

Tonight I saw Hancock. It was alright. Lots of action. I wanted to see Mamma Mia, but I was with my brother. Justin would've let me see it.

Here are the action movies that I have seen this summer:
The Chronicles of Narnia
Speed Racer
Iron Man
Kung Fu Panda
Wall-E
Get Smart
The Incredible Hulk
Hancock
Here are the ones I HAVEN'T:
Zohan
Indiana Jones
Wanted
The Dark Knight
The Mummy (coming out this weekend)
Hellboy II
X-Files
Journey to the Center of the Earth

Chick Flicks that I have seen all Summer:
Made of Honor
What Happens in Vegas

Yep! That's it. Why? Because it's been ALL ACTION - ALL THE TIME!

WHERE ARE ALL THE CHICK FLICKS???

Last week I heard a statistic that during the opening weekend of Mamma-Mia, 1/3 of movie goers were 30+ women. Although I have yet to see the movie - I can definitely see why. When you give a girl these kinds of choices all summer, she starts to feel dehydrated. After watching Hancock tonight. I am in the need for some good, old fashioned chick flick sustenance. I guess I will have to pull out the old DVD's because there are very few (if any) new movies coming out that will satisfy my thirst.

Those of you who have seen Mamma Mia, I would love to know how you felt about it. I have heard mixed reviews...leave me a comment and let me know.

6 comments:

Nathan and Sarah said...

Mamma Mia was okay. I had seen the musical before, but I still wasn't impressed with the storyline. If you go for a good laugh and a mindless time, you will enjoy it. It is entertaining, but a little, well...stupid. Just go for the music!

Good luck on your quest for a chick flick!

Sarah

Lynette said...

Steve and I trade off choosing movies. I picked Mamma Mia and didn't tell Steve he was going to a musical. The look on his face when she first burst into song was priceless! He was a very good sport, but about halfway through the movie, he leaned over and says, "We are going to Batman next." So he endured well, and I loved it!

Jayne said...

lynette that is hilarious!

Pallas said...

I feel ya girl! haha...but I like action movies so I am okay with it all...but I did go see Mamma Mia with Caden, as you may know and I was all right with it...it was cheezy, but the music was good and we had fun!

Rachel said...

I totally agree! I am craving a good, sappy romance! I *loved* Iron Man and of course Batman was amazing, you've got to see that!

Crawford Family said...

no kidding! I was watching You've got mail the other night and I thought whenwill they make another classic! I do love the Holiday but that was almost two years ago now! Come on Hollywood! (I am looking forward to Twilight though in dec!)