Aug 4, 2008

Madness

Although Breaking Dawn cannot compete with Harry Potter sales records, it seems like everyone I know was excited for this book to release.

I was in Wal-Mart on Friday night and I had to use the restroom. My sister and I walk toward Customer Service and see two ladies sitting in camp chairs watching a DVD. Then I see a handwritten sign - "Breaking Dawn line starts here". These women were camped out six hours before the book released to make sure they had a copy. I talked to them and they said, they didn't want to risk not getting one of the 1500 books that Wal-Mart had. A lady on t.v said that she went to the Wal-Mart in Riverton at 12:04am on Saturday morning and bought one of the LAST four books (they started with 2000). Can you imagine the chaos? (if you have a story of this night - I'd love to hear it)

Is this for real? Madness, I tell you. What kind of power does a book have over us that we would be willing to wait in line for it at midnight?

Two fellow bloggers I know have already finished the book and many of my facebook friends have a status stating something about "Dawn".

I haven't read it yet, and I admit I am anxious to read it - but then it's over. No more Bella, Edward or Jacob. And what if I don't like how it ends?

I might wait awhile. . .

3 comments:

Fun with the Fenton's said...

You will love the way it ends, I promise!!! I am also sad it's over, but I'll just continue to read them over and over and over again!!

I went to Wal-mart Saturday morning to pick it up and they had tons and tons and tons. All those people having to have the book at midnight...crazy! :-)

Jana Perkins said...

It's just madness to wait! It's a great ending and it's such a great journey to take when you go through the book. Read it girl!

I was one of the sane people who slept that night and went to Sams Club in the morning when it opened. No lines, tons of books, and at a cheap price. I did that with Harry Potter too.

*Katie* said...

I'm with you friend. I can't bring myself to give in --- I kind of like to wait because then I feel like I can say I didn't give into the 'madness'. Even though I did. I'm forcing myself to finish my other book first ... but my heart's not in it :)