Oct 8, 2008

The Field Trip

I volunteered to help with Ema's first field trip - a Fall nature walk. You think Fall and usually the term "cool weather" comes to mind. Not here in St. George. It was hot (almost 90 degrees) and sunny. Poor Ema kept saying things like, "you shoulda put me in morning kindergarten mom. I bet it wasn't this hot" and "why did you put me in a black shirt"?
We walked from the school to a park about a mile away. They made these "jars" to collect their specimens. I was pretty funny!

Here is Ema down on the ground inspecting dandelion seeds.
Ooh! A rare picture of me.
Ema and her friend Madison (who is actually just as tall as she is!)
I gave Ema the camera and here are some of the moments she captured:
(this is Ainsley - quite the poser, don't you think?)

(Marcus - she talks about him a lot -maybe her first crush?)

The giant caterpillar, ick!

The kindergartners of Mrs. Brushke's P.M class!
What an adventure we had. Can't wait until the next trip - hope we get to ride a bus!


1 comment:

Tera said...

90 degrees sounds nice right now. I'm freezing!

It looks like a fun field trip.