Nov 8, 2008

Chopping Broccoli

Justin and I are speaking in church tomorrow. I started looking for reasons to "take a break" from preparing my talk. In the kitchen Steve was warming up some broccoli. I started singing, "chopping broccoli" from SNL. No one laughed. I think I got a smile, but it might have been from pity.
Either my rendition was absolutely horrible, or they just didn't appreciate it. (I'm hoping for the latter - which is why I am posting the original video)

WARNING: You're broccoli experience will never be the same.

P.S. The only place I could find it was a Spanish video site. They think Dana Carvey is named "Derek Stevens"

Hope it works for you!

Derek Stevens in "The Lady I Know/Chopping Brocoli Song" - kewego
Derek Stevens improvises the lyrics to his new song "The Lady I Know".


Did anyone else just have some serious flashbacks?

1 comment:

Mark and Amber said...

Wow, your kids are getting SO BIG! This is Amber Porter, by the way! Just following friends' blogs, saw this and thought, 'Could it be?' How are things?! Afghanistan is...great. Just found out though, that finally I'll be coming home a SGT - just in time to switch units, hopefully! Take care of yourselves!