Apr 24, 2009

Update (with no pictures - sorry)

Oh my goodness blogging friends. I hit 200 posts with that VCR Hack video. It was funny, huh? Ema and Bracken watched it 3 times just to see the monster get drug away by the marshmallow. Justin is home!!!!! He left the beginning of this month and came home for four days and left again. Now he's home til the 30th. If you remember my list, there were a lot of things that I had planned to do while he was gone. Here is an update:

  1. Spend endless hours in front of my computer perusing Hollywood gossip blogs - YES!
  2. Make dinner for my kids at least 3 x a week - Nope. Unless you count grilled cheese/chicken nuggets/cold cereal/hot dogs. If you do, then YES!!!!
  3. Go through his closet and find all his old work t-shirts that I will now confiscate and use for jammies.YES!!!
  4. Clean my toilets. Only once in three weeks. I know!!! (Don't come to visit unannounced)
  5. Spend one whole day in my pajamas. Unfortunately No.
  6. Watch every "period piece" movie I own. Again, No :(
  7. Possibly go to the gym. Ha ha! BIG NO!!!!!
  8. Finish cleaning out my washing machine. (We dyed his old Army pants black for him to take) - UM, actually I forgot about this one. Hope I don't have hidden black streaks on my clothes.
  9. Weigh the pros and cons of moving to Las Vegas. Yes!! and we will NOT be moving to Vegas anytime soon.
  10. Enjoy the month or two I have left before this city gets hotter than **** -YES!
So, in the time Justin has been gone we've had two trips to Vegas, spent two days at the Clark County Fair, Bracken started baseball and Ema started Tennis, my dad and mom both came for a visit on the SAME WEEKEND (they are not married to each other, so this was a little tricky), and I did absolutely NO sewing. (Which I had really big plans for.)

Pictures will come later. I just wanted to say, "I'm alive, we're doing well and enjoying our family time before Justin leaves on Thursday. Next Wednesday is my birthday so let the P A R T Y BEGIN!!!!!

5 comments:

Eve said...

Happy Birthday to you! I love your list of things to do. I support your goal to spend the day in the pjs. I make it a goal as often as possible. And as for the gym, let's just say--it's a dwindling dream right now.

Brooke said...

We should go to lunch for your birthday sometime this week. We can wait till Justin leaves agian.

Sunflower Mama said...

Happy Birthday little missy! Hope you get spoiled! Love your list! ;-) & I'm so glad your staying!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!! And I'm glad you're not moving to Vegas! Wish you were closer so we could ease each other's boredom, haha! :)

The Bests said...

Happy Birthday yesterday Alicia! Hopefully you got to do something fun. You are now 25 right? :) We love you guys and Taylor wants to tell Ema hi!