Jul 7, 2009

Girls Camp

Girls Camp is OVER!

Phew.

I mean - seriously! How can one single event take up SO MUCH TIME?

Wow-za!


Even though we live outside the "boundaries" of our ward, I was asked to continue planning camp. This has proven to be a challenge emotionally because I was given the opportunity to get close to these girls, the YW leaders and my asst. camp directors.

Despite this emotional challenge, a few good things that came out of Girls Camp:

1. A lot of the girls and leaders said it was the most spiritual camp they'd been too. That made me happy.

2. I realized how scary it is working with YW. I used to think it would be fun to be in YW, but now I realize I might be a better fit with 8 year olds. I think the YW thought I was a bit on the kooky side.

3. My asst. camp director (whom I didn't know before this calling) is a 19 year old (we'll call her D). One day, I had her come to my house (while I was working, nonetheless) for a meeting. It's called multi-tasking, people! I work with a 22 year old RM named B who is a very good guy. Anyway, he caught sight of her and I literally SAW THE SPARKS. So I lined them up. I expected absolutely nothing, but they've been dating ever since and I seriously think they'll get married! Who'da thought? So I have come to the conclusion that one of the reasons I got this job and continued to do girls camp (even though I had reservations about both) is because the Lord needed B & D to meet! Good story, huh?

4. This post is getting really long. Email me if you want to know more and I will attach my journal :()

I was on my way back from girls camp in Panguitch and I get a call from Justin telling me he is leaving work because he is passing a kidney stone. (He's been home for 10 days now and still nothing. He has to go back on the mtn Thursday, so I am praying for a miracle. ) When I got home and we were all cleaned up and unpacked, I sat down and just sobbed. I don't know what I was crying about.
I think it was the exhaustion (physically, emotionally and spiritually) and the sadness of having finished. I cried and cried and cried and then I realized how tired I was. All I wanted to do was sleep.

So, that was my girls camp experience. I wont bore you with all the details of camp. This post has already become a mini-journal entry.

The most important thing for you to know is that IT'S OVER and I'm ready to blog my fingers off!


2 comments:

Brooke said...

Hopefully now that it is over we can hang out a bit. It has been way to LONG! It just seams like both our summers have been busy, busy, busy.
So we need to get together and let the kids play and we catch up.
I heard you did a great job with camp. Everything I heard was good.

MOANA said...

WOW! B & D should like get married and then name their first born after you...awesome story!! Glad its all over and that it could be a positive experience despite all of hassles!!