Jul 8, 2009

Stay-cation

When discussing our options for a family vacation this year, we decided to try a staycation.

Stay.cation n. A stay at home vacation.

Day 1 - July 3, 2009

We woke up late. Ahh, isn't that what vacations are for?

After spending the morning (and most of the afternoon) doing absolutely nothing, we decided to get some yummy food.

Chili's sounded good

It tasted good too!

Then we hit the movies! We saw Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs and it was a bit of a disappointment. I think the kids and Justin liked it, but I thought it was kind of boring. I kept thinking, "I can't believe we spent so much money on this movie". Now, if you EVER have that thought in a movie - it was not great. I really don't want to waste an entire post on a movie review, so just take my word for it and redbox it.

After the movie (since we had already eaten dinner) we went swimming at our health club.


The pool was EMPTY. It was so nice to be the only ones there. The kids had a blast!




4 comments:

Damaris said...

What a fun vacation! I love your family and hearing about the fun things you do. We miss you guys!

Rachel said...

You guys are the coolest family ever! I loved the pictures of your girls camp and your camping trip too! I don't think a stay.cation is very appealing in Orangejuiceville. Maybe I'll away.cation to your tropical paradise!

Hoenes Family said...

That is a great idea! I enjoyed reading about your girls camp experience. Doesn't surprise me that you did so awesome at being camp director! I wish I could say I was the reason 2 people got married!

MOANA said...

We had a stay-cation this year as well glad yours was a success!!