Aug 10, 2009

Things I'm grateful for today:

My husband - He jumped in the car this morning and started out on a 17 hour drive to a foreign land (Oregon) to start a very expensive endeavor (Masters program). He is always positive and helps me to remember to see the good in everything. He has had to leave his family many times, and it never gets easy for him. His tears as he embraced my kids this morning before he left will forever be etched in my memory.


Cell Phones - How in the world did people travel cross country without them? That's right. I remember. When my family moved from Utah to TX, my dad was in the U-haul in front of us and if we needed to stop for something my mom would have to flash her lights. Yep. I'm grateful for cell phones.

Harmon's Drive & Load - Tonight was the first time I ever said, "yes" when they asked me if I wanted to use the service and you can bet you're money on the fact that it wont be the last. It was great.



My sweet daughter and her special prayers - She puts so much thought into them and I learn so much about her and what her needs and desires are for our family when I listen to her pray. Moments I will always treasure.

Friends who let your husband crash on their floor with barely any notice - Justin didn't make it as far as we would have hoped today. Thank you D & T for letting my hubby crash on your floor. No hesitation when I asked, even though you have a 6 week old baby. Now that's friendship!

Water - We ran out today and when I went to get more, the water machine was broken?!&% There's nothing like NOT having something that will make you grateful for it.

My faith - It seems like everyone around me is losing theirs. I'm glad I still have mine.


Bracken's amazing ability to fall asleep quickly - Ah, yes. Who wouldn't be grateful for such a gift?
Cold Cereal - Now that I'm done with this post, I'm off to eat my most favorite snack in the world! Thank you, Mr. Whomever for creating cereal.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Oh I'm so glad that you added cold cereal, I was so worried that you would forget and than I saw it there at the end. Oh and your kids and all the other stuff is really great also.

Jayne said...

Good luck you guys!! My goodness how life changes so quickly. I think it's all going to work out fabulously :) You are all so brave!!!


PS. Yes we have internet, but I'm slow to post stuff. We've already had visitors and our place is not picture worthy yet :)

Julie said...

Alicia I love you! Thank you for this post. So much emotion ran through me as I read each thing. Wow! You are a powerful person and I am grateful for you!

Sunflower Mama said...

Girl, when I want a "pick me up" I check out your blog! You are such a special and wonderful gal! Thanks for pointing out some things that I'm very grateful for as well! So are you moving now in October then???