Bracken has the coolest preschool. He always talks about how he "goes to college" and it makes Ema insanely jealous. I just have to giggle. Bracken loves to have anything his sister doesn't have.
At preschool, each child gets a chance to be "captain" on/near their birthday. This is special for quite a few reasons.
a) The captain has this SPECIAL chair by the teacher. It's unlike any other chair in the classroom and you can only sit on it when it's your turn to be captain.
b) The captain gets to help the teacher with many things like, putting the letter of the day on the board, picking students to be helpers, and getting the treat ready (which we had to provide).
c) When it is snack time, all the kids say "zip it. lock it. put it in your pocket". And then everyone has to be quiet. The captain stands and the head of the room and no one can touch their snack until the captain says, "You May Eat"!
d) The captain gets to pick out the snack. My little goober picked Twinkies and juice boxes. I was fine with it because it was his birthday and Twinkies are like mini cakes, right? (when I got home, I read the memo that said, "Please bring healthy snacks". Whatever.)
e) We got to create a poster about Bracken with pictures and tell a little bit about his life. Bracken's life has been quite uneventful in his 5 short years, so this part was pretty speedy.
It was a fun day at preschool and I was able to watch Bracken "in action". I was a bit worried the first 10 minutes of play time when my little loner decided to play by himself with some dinosaurs in the corner. I made a mental note to talk to him about this. But pretty quick he was running around outside and other boys were calling his name wanting him to play.
So it looks like Little B is only a part time loner.
At preschool, each child gets a chance to be "captain" on/near their birthday. This is special for quite a few reasons.
a) The captain has this SPECIAL chair by the teacher. It's unlike any other chair in the classroom and you can only sit on it when it's your turn to be captain.
b) The captain gets to help the teacher with many things like, putting the letter of the day on the board, picking students to be helpers, and getting the treat ready (which we had to provide).
c) When it is snack time, all the kids say "zip it. lock it. put it in your pocket". And then everyone has to be quiet. The captain stands and the head of the room and no one can touch their snack until the captain says, "You May Eat"!
d) The captain gets to pick out the snack. My little goober picked Twinkies and juice boxes. I was fine with it because it was his birthday and Twinkies are like mini cakes, right? (when I got home, I read the memo that said, "Please bring healthy snacks". Whatever.)
e) We got to create a poster about Bracken with pictures and tell a little bit about his life. Bracken's life has been quite uneventful in his 5 short years, so this part was pretty speedy.
It was a fun day at preschool and I was able to watch Bracken "in action". I was a bit worried the first 10 minutes of play time when my little loner decided to play by himself with some dinosaurs in the corner. I made a mental note to talk to him about this. But pretty quick he was running around outside and other boys were calling his name wanting him to play.
So it looks like Little B is only a part time loner.

1 comment:
What a fun day at school! Who brings healthy snacks to school for their birthday??? Not me!
Post a Comment