Like most of you, I have been looking back over 2009 and examining my life. We've had a lot of ups and downs, successes and failures, trials and triumphs. We've taken new jobs, moved a few times and seen all sorts of experiences change us and help us grow into better people. Together as a family, it's been a good year.
I think it's instinctive to look back on the past year as we decide what we want out of the future. There is something about a new year that makes us feel revived, excited and renewed. It seems like all the failed diets, speeding tickets, over-indulgences and vices don't have that much effect on us now that we are starting a new year - a fresh start, of sorts.

So, as I look toward the future, I am excited for all that I will become throughout the next year. I want to read books that not only entertain, but inspire me. I want to cook healthier meals for my family and spend more time at home. I want to be the kind of mother, daughter, sister & friend that others need me to be. I don't anticipate 2010 being anything but average, but that's the glorious thing about life. It happens whether you're ready for it or not.
So here's to making a spectacular year together - and reading about it on each other's blogs. I thank you all for sharing a small piece of your lives with me and I hope that you enjoy visiting mine. I hope that as we create our lives and share them with each other we will be inspired and motivated for life.
Love you all!
Alicia
(p.s. the pics are from our New Years Day dinner at Wingers)
3 comments:
Great post Alicia! Happy New Year to you!
You're a great blogger - hope 2010 is NOT average : )
Alicia- You are always amazing. "average" year or not. Keep up the blogging- I love to "hear" from you!
Post a Comment