Oct 21, 2010

Gracie's First Girl Trip

Ema, Gracie and I left the boys in Dixie and took a quick trip to Salt Lake over the weekend to celebrate my mom's birthday.  Although it would have been nice to spend a week, I was grateful for the time I spent with my family. . .
Here are some of the highlights:

 First, we rented a car! 
(The satellite radio kept us entertained for HOURS)

 Robert rented us our own hotel room in downtown Salt Lake.
Ema and Jaxon enjoyed lounging in the hotel bed on Saturday morning:

 Gracie and Mya were upset that we didn't get them together sooner:

 After spending time at Gateway shopping, we stopped by the Salt Lake Temple on our way to see . . .

 Gracie and Ema's Great Grandparents 
Great Grandma and Grandpa Gray 
*they are currently serving their 3rd mission at the Family History Center in the Joseph Smith Building*


Great Grandpa Pallas

SISTERS!
cousins!
cute.


 In celebration of my mom's birthday, we bought some mint brownies and let her blow out some candles:


Jaxon couldn't see someone else blow out candles and not want to participate himself 
*this is the third time we've lit the pumpkin for him*


After Gracie and Mya recovered from the initial shock of meeting each other, they became instant BFF's!

Cute Carrie.

 The seasoned grandparents.

Look! Gracie's photogenic, just like me!

 I had to post this cute picture of my little Ema.  She's growing up so quickly!

Gracie was extremely sad when she realized we were leaving.

We were sad to leave too, Gracie! Don't worry.  We'll do it again next year. 

3 comments:

Steve and Donna said...

cute photos - esp. the one of you and Gracie with the fun expression :)

Rachel said...

Such cute pictures!! And happy birthday!!!!!!!!!!! :) Gracie is getting so big so fast! Are you freaking out yet?

Tami said...

Hey girl! I'm not really sure how I stumbled across you blog but I am glad that I did it is so cute!! Hope your doing well:).
Tami