Nov 19, 2010

Nineteen Things . . .

. . . I'm grateful for.

It seems like a bunch of people have been posting one thing they're grateful for everyday this month.  Since I don't want to seem ungrateful, I decided to post 19 things I'm grateful for today.

1. Swig - It's this great drive-thru drink place here in town.  I love it.  They know my order and smile when they see me.  Maybe we should exchange names and facebook account info.
2. Wii - It keeps Bracken entertained all day while I'm working.
3. Teachers - I'm grateful for teachers.  The thought of homeschooling my kids makes me tired.  Thanks for all you do, so I can get some laundry done everyday.
4. Lavender - I rub some lavender oil on Gracie's feet everynight and I swear it helps her sleep better.  She's doing longer stretches at night than during the day.
5. Fritos - Chili cheese flavored, to be exact.  I'm eating them right now and they're really yummy.
6. My Husband - Our weekend begins in 20 minutes and I can't wait to spend the weekend catching up on all the things we were too tired to talk about during the week.
7. Clothes - Need I say more?
8. Black Friday - You either love this day or hate it.  I love it.  This year I'm grateful for all the stores who have posted their ads early so I can fully prepare.  I'm also going to try my hand at online shopping so I can be in bed by 1am :)
9. Friends - I went to Bunko this week for the first time in forever. It was so good to see old friends and catch up.  There's nothing like friends.  They're like family . . . that you don't yell at.
10. Jobs - I like having money so therefore I like having jobs to provide
11. Pureology - There's nothing like expensive shampoo to help you feel expensive too.
12. Family - We get to see a TON of our family this year during Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I'm getting so excited to shop, talk, play Rockband, stay up late, play games and make memories this holiday season.
13.Minky - This fabric is to die for.  I wish I had a giant minky blanket and someone to swaddle me and rock me to sleep. I would sleep for days.
14.Bathtub drains - Mine is plugged today.  There's nothing worse than standing in your own dirty water at the end of a shower.  Ick. It makes me grateful for working bathtub drains.
15. Libraries - Our family saves a ton of money on books that we don't read by checking them out at the library and never reading them.
16. Feet - A wise Elder on my mission reminded me that we would all fall over if we didn't have feet to hold us up.
17. Sleep - I don't get much, but what I do get - I'm grateful for.
18. Time - I don't get much to myself lately, so when I do I'm grateful for it too. Usually I spend it doing futile things, but Oh Well!
19. Justin, Ema, Bracken and Gracie - I can't believe I have 3 kids.  I love them so much. Even though they sometimes throw up in the middle of the night, they're constantly annoying each other [and sometimes me], leaving a mess for me to clean, making my life more busy and complicated - they fulfill me.  I love them and cherish them in my life. My husband works so hard.  So hard that we never see him ;).  I'm grateful for all that he does for our family. He's an amazing dad and loves his kids more than anything.  He is so willing to take Gracie in the middle of the night.  If only I would let him sometimes!  Best. Family. Ever.

No comments: