Wrestling. Bracken started practicing with a local wrestling club team. We're not going to be entering him in any tournaments anytime soon. B had a bad experience with Little League wrestling, so he's going to need to get extremely confident before we do that again.*
*Tournaments. Like I said, it will be awhile til we attempt one of these again. In a nut shell, here's why:
Bracken was initially SO SO excited for this. He has so much confidence in his MAD fighting skills [and the little leaguers compete after only 2 practices] that we decided to try it.
I couldn't handle the thoughts of my baby boy being slammed to the mat during a match. Especially when I saw the other boys. I knew they would slaughter him. I actually cried sitting in the stands. My hubby laughed and tried to catch a picture, but it almost looks as if I was smiling. No. I had tears. I was right too. The first kid pinned him right away. Bracken was alright after that one, but the next match up was tough and he realized how little he knew about actually wrestling.
Although they gave him a medal for competing, Bracken was upset and wouldn't even smile for my camera. It was heartbreaking. I HATE that my babies have to grow up and be confronted with life. It's a cruel world and as much as I want to shelter and protect them, I know the only way for them to learn these harsh life lessons is to jump right in. It still doesn't make it easy.
It's hard to watch your kids fail. It's even tougher to watch them hurt. I can truly say that I love them more than I love myself.
Mini-Van. We traded in the trusty [but old and rusty] Rodeo for a mini-van. It's used, but new to us. The kids are in heaven not having to cram in the backseat of the Rodeo with a gigantic carseat in between them. Ema has claimed the entire backseat for herself and loves to sprawl out on all three seats. Bracken calls his seat a "throne" and is very pleased to be the "door master".
Gracie. She's still the center of our family. Sometimes it's difficult because she's fussy and demands attention at the same time as my two older do. I have my days where I cry and wonder what I'm doing. There are times I doubt my ability to mother three children, work and be a wife. Sometimes I think how nice it would be to sleep all day.
But I LOVE this girl and I LOVE to see my children care for her, dote after her and whisper sweet things to her. I love to see the way my husband steps up and cares for her without my asking. I feel grateful to have such a wonderful husband who is always my equal and has never asked that I do anything he's not willing to do himself.
1 comment:
Graduating to a minivan---that is the big leagues!!
Post a Comment