This is what our lives have been like the past 2 weeks:
- Our bedroom became the laundry room. Yes! We sprawled our dirty laundry all over the floor of our bedroom and washed a load here and there when we ran out of clothes. I know it sounds gross, but it really was effective.
- A severe case of carpal tunnel. OUCH! My wrist hurts, my fingers ache and my arms are dead. Have you ever laid in bed with a heating pad on your wrist? They weren't quite made for that - If I never write a paper again, it will be too soon. . .or will it? I miss school already (ha ha. . .you don't really believe me do you?)
- We started throwing away recyclable material. I know! We're awful. Don't tell Jeremey Willson. . .shhh
- We still found time for television. Shows you what our priorities are, huh?
- I found myself making more things for dinner that I could pull out of the freezer than ever before in my life (pizza, lasagna, chicken nuggets, corn dogs, hot pockets. . .o.k. you get the picture)
- Justin went three or four nights without sleeping and I did it once. Bless that no-doze and diet Pepsi-Max. I don't know how he does it. I get less than 8 hours sleep and I'm a monster...no, really. I am. Ask Justin. Ideally, I would get 9 hours a night, but that doesn't always happen. After the kids came along. . .Oh, wait. This isn't a blog post about my sleep schedule. Sorry!
- We spent numerous hours and over $100 to get graduation announcements out. Why? So we could BRAG about making it through college in two years with two kids! WOW! Go us.
- Clean the bathrooms (don't even ask how long it's been)
- Cook an actual dinner for our kids (we found out instant oatmeal for dinner doesn't count, even though it's warm and nutritious)
- Get the laundry done (it's getting hard to close the door to our closet now that it's off our bedroom floor and shoved into the coat closet)
- Finish classes this week with our sanity intact.
Tonight Ema asked Justin, "When will we be able to do something fun?" When Justin responded about the fun day they had yesterday she said, "No, I mean fun with ALL four of us".
Thanks to all of you who have helped us get through this semester - we really couldn't have done it without you!
Especially those who have helped with the kids - katie and jeremey, cooper and amanda, damaris and steven, steve and lynette, joy and robert, angie and ryan - thank you!
We Love You!
7 comments:
Hi-ya Moss Patch! Just saw your blog and it is so cute! Great post - CONGRATS on graduation and making it through with 2 kids. Now that I have one I know that is truly a miracle. We miss Logan and Aggie Village:)
We pile our dirty clothes on our bedroom floor too. Right now, well just don't come over, because the house is a mess. Congrats on graduating. We know how hard it is to go through school with kids. We're excited to be done. Only two more semesters to go!! Hope you guys have a fun week and an awesome graduation!! We had a blast at Steve's graduation last semester. So good luck with everything!!!
We love YOU guys! Thanks for all you guys do! We'll miss you.
You guys have been running yourselves ragged and I'm excited for you both to be done too!! Good luck with all your plans and I can't wait to watch it all unfold! :)
Wow. I must say I can relate to almost everything you put on your list! Especially take the meal out of the freezer thing. Good for you for graduating, both of you! That is tough stuff with 2 kids. I don't think I could have done it.
what a great post. i laughed out loud several times. you guys are great. what an insane 2 weeks?! congrats on everything you've accomplished!!! honestly. AMAZING.
You guys are great! I am sure you will look back on these years and smile and feel so happy that you made the BIG effort to push through! Who knows what door will be opened for you because of this! Thanks so much for taking the time to share it helps when I am missing you guys!
Post a Comment