Apr 7, 2009

Emma - Hollywood + BBC = Bliss!

Those of you who are Jane Austen fans will enjoy this little bit of news: Earlier this year, BBC One announced that they were going to be filming a FOUR HOUR adaptation of Austen's Emma. Now, I like Gwenyth Paltrow, but Hollywood versions of Jane Austen are too condensed and lack the structure and style that only BBC has been able to capture.
Casting for the BBC version was announced recently:

Romola Garai has been cast as Emma with Jonny Lee Miller (Eli Stone) playing Mr. Knightly. I absolutely adore Miller and look forward to him playing Knightly.

Emma will play in the UK next fall and I am hoping that PBS picks it up for their Masterpiece Classic season next winter.

Keep your fingers crossed!

For more information you can click here:

4 comments:

Crawford Family said...

ohhh I LOVED her in Amazing Grace. That should be awesome!

Rachel said...

YEA!!!!!!!!! I'm such a Jane Austen freak, I'm so excited!!!

Jayne said...

I've been watching Jane Austen's Persuasion (BBC version) lately. It is so good!! Josh is gone and for some reason a painful love story about people being separated for 8 years is going to help somehow?

The Bests said...

Are you serious!?! I can't wait!! Leave it to Alicia to know these marvelous bits of information! :)