
My Sister's Keeper. What can I say? I don't like crying in movies, but if you do then you'll absolutely LOVE My Sister's Keeper. I cried more during the trailers of this movie, than I did last night. Jodi Picoult (the author who wrote the book that the movie is based on) has a way of taking obscure life experiences and writing controversial novels about them.
Now I have to tell you that all of us had COMPLETELY DIFFERENT experiences last night in this movie. For one, it was her second time seeing it and she was using it for "research":). Another cried so hard she couldn't breathe. We heard sobs all around us and yet, I was able to only shed one or two tears during the entire movie. I think part of it was because I knew that the movie's entire intention was to manipulate (with words, music & pictures) my emotions. They wanted me to cry and I would remember that everytime I got that tight feeling in my throat.

The movie itself was interesting. I'm not going to say "good" because that's a really positive term and it's not a positive movie. I can't tell you it was "bad" because I left there resolving to be a better mother, wife. daughter and sister.
Cameron Diaz was alright, Alec Baldwin was goofy, Abigail Breslin was good, but it was Sofia Vassilieva (you might know her from Medium) that stole the movie! She was amazing as a cancer-stricken patient trying to cope with life. I loved her in it and I really, really hope to see more of her in the future.
I think the movie accomplished it's purpose
and because of that I will give it a
B
and because of that I will give it a
B
5 comments:
You are so funny. You really think hard about your movie reviews don't you. Maybe I need to be that way more when I go. I either say "ya it was good" or "no I didn't like it".
And ya I thought of the camera thing, but Dustin took our small one and I thought people would look at me funny bringing in my HUGE on to the movie. Also haven't used it since the firecrackers attacked it. I will update you on that one another time.
I think a B is about right :) I cry in just about EVERY movie I see, so the tears I shed can't help determine whether or not the movie was any good, LOL!
You are RIGHT. . .we were slackers not snapping any pics!! What were we thinking???
OOPS! I was logged in on my hubby's name, LOL! It is me Lori, not my hubby posting ROTFL! Too funny!
My sister told me about this! I have two sisters who *ARE* this movie apparently. I need to see it!
ROFLMBO!! I read "Bryan's" comment and thought how funny it was that he cries in every movie he sees! Too funny! & Sure Lori, I know it was Bryan ;-)
I loved that movie (although very sad) but I cried too because as a mom what would you do, as a sister what would you do, as a daughter what would do???? But I still couldn't believe all the testing they did on the younger sister. Heart wrenching.
Post a Comment