Jul 18, 2009

Pirates and a Play

On July 7th, (the last day of our staycation) we surprised the kids by taking them to Pirate Island Pizza. Justin had never been, so I convinced him to go by telling him they had a great salad bar.
The food was ok. Ema ordered a pineapple pizza and she barely touched it. When I went to try it - I almost gagged. The pineapple had cinnamon on it. YUCK! Bracken and Ema played a little air hockey. After dinner we took the kids to Tuachan and surprised them with a preview showing of High School Musical 2. The kids loved it, but it was really cheesy and I'm SO glad the tickets were a gift. Justin would've been kind of upset if he would have paid for it with his own money!A few things about the play:
First, the play is NOT the movie.
Second, the actors that they chose for Troy and Gabriella were just not good. Their Troy was this little hispanic kid (nothing against hispanics or little people here, I'm just saying, "Why did you cast him as Troy?)
Third, most of the actors couldn't sing. That's kinda hard to listen to when you're stuck in a theater and can't change the channel. This is Ema getting an autograph. The kids had fun, though. And isn't that all that matters?
Did I mention the blindfolds?
Ya. It was a good night.

1 comment:

Amber and Mike said...

I really love that theater! I've seen Cats, and West side story. Both my aunt and uncle perform there!

Looks like y'all had a great time!

-amber