I was a bit skeptical. Footloose is such an iconic cult classic that I wondered how they could turn it into a musical. Well, I'm here to tell you friends that THEY DID IT!
It was witty, but dramatic. It was colorful and energetic. I laughed (a lot) and cringed (a little when the main characters would kiss. There's something about actors kissing right in front of me that makes me uncomfortable. Like mega-PDA).
The kid who played Ren was such a good dancer (although you could tell he'd been trained in ballet and Kevin Bacon was most definitely NOT a ballet dancer. . .Oh! He also had these horrific high heeled latin dancing shoes. Hated them. They were all I could stare at).
He was a contestant on SYTYCD season 4 and his name is Thayne Jasperson.The musical part was so fun. They took great songs like "Paradise", "Footloose" and "Let's Hear it for the Boy" and turned them into musical songs. So, here's my suggestion.

If you like Footloose and want to see it at a whole new level - see this musical.
If you are ever in NYC and are looking for a good show - see this musical.
If you are in St. George for a night and have $50 extra bucks and no family to visit - see this musical.
If you hate 80's music, 80's clothes, or live singing and dancing - DON'T see this musical.
1 comment:
I loved this more than any other show I have seen out there. It was GREAT! As you know I am a huge So You Think You Can Dance fan, so I was so excited to see Thayne in it. He and all the other characters did a great job.
Post a Comment