Aug 10, 2009

My Date with a Dashing Preschooler


Bracken and I went on a "date" last night.

I let him choose EVERYTHING that we did and boy, did he love the control. We started by going shopping - at a toy store, of course! I let him pick out three toys and he just kept looking at me like, "Is this really happening?".
Next, we decided to get some dinner. Guess where we went. McDonald's. I got a kick out of him. He said, "Ema thinks McDonald's smells like stinky feet. But I don't. I think it smells . . .um . . .like . . . normal". My son is absolutely intriguing to me. He is constantly doing things that are so quirky, so interesting that I know they are just a part of who he is. Like this - he dips his chicken nuggets in caramel.
After dinner, he "had" to see G-Force. When I tried to talk him into seeing the regular version (as opposed to the 3-D) he told me that we "had" to see it in 3-D. It was a fun night, but I had a migraine when it was all over.

5 comments:

Damaris said...

So fun! I love dates with the kids. I love his description of the smell of McDonalds.

Rachel said...

You're such a stinkin' rad mom!!!!!!!! I bet he loved that!!! I love the last picture of you two!!

Sunflower Mama said...

so cute! I'm going to do that with H-Man! It's great to have one on one time with them! p.s. how was g-force anyhow???

Brooke said...

How fun! I love my "date" nights with LIndsay. I learn so much when I get the one on one time with her.

Steve and Donna said...

cute idea! :)